Up pet level mastermind

1 hour ago, iBot said:

Would need to double check, but wondering if the incarnate shift applies to mastermind pets.  If not, would be nice if it did.

It does.  Infact, in Incarnate specific content, your pets are brought up to your level.  On my Bots MM at +3 incarnate, my Battle Drones all get a +5 level shift when in Dark Astoria, effectively making them the same level as me.

• Thanks 2

I'm going to say that I'm not sure MM pets should be the same level as the MM in non-Incarnate content. In Incarnate content it sort of makes sense considering you spend a ton of time fighting level shifted enemies. There was a discussion about this exact topic on the Homecoming Discord yesterday so I set off to do some math. A user claimed that Masterminds had the lowest damage scale of any AT (true) and their pets had even lower damage scales (also true) and this therefore meant that MMs did no damage and had weaker buffs/debuffs so they were the weakest AT, period. The flaw in that reasoning is you can't look at the pets or the MM on their own since that's not how they actually work - that lower damage per individual is actually really really high when combined, either against a single target or multiple spread-out targets. As it turns out, even when you take the purple patch into account a Mastermind has the potential to significantly outdamage almost anything else. Where that starts to get dicier is against anything +2 or higher relative to the player since the tier 1 and 2 pets' hit chances drop dramatically - but if you can raise those hit chances the MM is still going to output impressive damage.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

19 minutes ago, macskull said:

I'm going to say that I'm not sure MM pets should be the same level as the MM in non-Incarnate content. In Incarnate content it sort of makes sense considering you spend a ton of time fighting level shifted enemies. There was a discussion about this exact topic on the Homecoming Discord yesterday so I set off to do some math. A user claimed that Masterminds had the lowest damage scale of any AT (true) and their pets had even lower damage scales (also true) and this therefore meant that MMs did no damage and had weaker buffs/debuffs so they were the weakest AT, period. The flaw in that reasoning is you can't look at the pets or the MM on their own since that's not how they actually work - that lower damage per individual is actually really really high when combined, either against a single target or multiple spread-out targets. As it turns out, even when you take the purple patch into account a Mastermind has the potential to significantly outdamage almost anything else. Where that starts to get dicier is against anything +2 or higher relative to the player since the tier 1 and 2 pets' hit chances drop dramatically - but if you can raise those hit chances the MM is still going to output impressive damage.

Yeah it actually does make them a bit too powerful, that's why on ours we only wanted the t1s to get a +1 increase.  @neltharian I advise you take a look at some of the numbers we found in our Global Changes thread. I actually tested by giving the pets ultimate inspire at lower levels (15-30) on beta, and the results are nothing that could be considered overpowered in the slightest; they just didn't get dominated quickly or pop. At hyper low levels the pet efficiency is already very high, and so it makes no difference, and at mid levels the above applies.