Radiation Armor: Possible Particle Shielding Absorb Bug

LorannaPyrel

Hello,

Recently, I've noticed some odd behavior on my Rad Armor Tankers. When Particle Shielding refreshes, it's awarding a random amount of absorb, not the amount stated on the info screen.

When the power fires off, the grey numbers that appear over my character's head indicate that the full, expected amount of absorb has been applied (1243 absorb at level 50 with Cardiac Radial equipped). However, when I right-click my health and endurance bars, the actual absorb numbers vary from 690ish to the expected full amount. I have watched this process happen multiple times with no enemies present, so there was no incoming damage to skew the numbers; the absorb showing on my life-bar has been random, again and again, sometimes with a large enough difference that I can see my absorb bar go down when the power refreshes.

Thank you for your time,

- Loranna

Edited by LorannaPyrel
  • Like 1

• 2 months later

I've just encountered this as well, but it's not random absorb numbers I am getting.

My tank, not yet 50 (43 at the moment), has 1985.8 hit points, when particle shielding is used I get 1051.6 absorb hp, which is what I should be getting. However if particle shielding is used again before the original buff expires the amount of absorb hp drops to 733.4. If that buff hasn't expired when the power is used again it goes back up to the expected 1051.6, then down to 733.4... and so on. The numbers are consistant and it happens every time.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

I'm not sure if this is the same issue that I responded to the link below, but my testing showed that the 2nd application of the Absorb Shield was reaching the cap (100% Base HP) before removing the 1st application of the Absorb Shield. This resulted in the 2nd Shield being much smaller than it should be and immediately replacing the original Shield.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I'm not sure if this is the same issue that I responded to the link below, but my testing showed that the 2nd application of the Absorb Shield was reaching the cap (100% Base HP) before removing the 1st application of the Absorb Shield. This resulted in the 2nd Shield being much smaller than it should be and immediately replacing the original Shield.

It certainly looks related. I just checked in the attribute monitor and subtracting the hp bonuses from my max HP left a value of 1784.99.

From the results I posted above 1051.6+733.4=1785.

That's not coincidence. I hadn't realised the absorb shield was capped at base hp, I assumed it was (current) max hp, as I did wonder about something like this happening but the 1785 number I was getting didn't mean anything to me at that time.

Good catch.

Edited by CaptainLupis
  • Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"