Slotting Cauterizing Aura

icesphere

How do people slot Cauterizing Aura? Or I should say, do you get more out of it with heals or endurance? Either way, I six slot it to get range defense from sets. It's also been suggested to use preventive medicine for the 8% recharge, which is always a plus for non-purple sets. 

Heals, heals, definitely heals. Recovery may be of use for some endurance-hungry builds, but heals are useful for every build. To get the most benefit from the power itself, it's best frankenslotted for heal and recovery, but then you do lose either Numina's ranged defense or PM's recharge bonuses, which are good reasons to 6-slot it with a health set.

The recovery is strong enough as-is that my fire blaster doesn't have Consume.  And since my playstyle favors all-out recharge (taking advantage of having no endurance issues), I left it at one regular old health and used those slots elsewhere.

Edited by Jeneki

Can't remember the name of it but one of the new endurance sets with the chance for heal proc also has an overall recharge set bonus so I'm 6 slotting it for that. If you are wanting to forgo set bonuses I think a mix of health/shield/endurance procs like sakai would be really cool and effective!

On 6/2/2020 at 10:14 AM, Giocondi said:

Can't remember the name of it but one of the new endurance sets with the chance for heal proc also has an overall recharge set bonus so I'm 6 slotting it for that.

You don't need the Recovery enhanced that much, while you DO want to enhance the Healing as much as you can. Go with 5 slots of Doctored Wounds if you really want a Recharge bonus, then the 6th slot can go for the Chance to Heal proc, or for a End Mod IO. Or go 6-slots with Preventative Medicine to get a bigger Recharge boost.