I've been playing Mids far more than I'm playing the actual game.  Reminiscence of my last days during live...

Anyway, I'm on a Dark Armor kick (made a tank: DA/Claws) and wanted to make either a Scrapper or Stalker.  So I'm looking at Stalker, and realizing that if I proc things out, along with the Stalker ATO sets and crit potential, it's likely to be a decent toon.

I'm not thrilled with the survivability (this is all on paper for now), as the resists and defenses aren't that strong; I imagine it has a lot to do with the massive heal in Dark Regen...  Since I almost never slot Dark Regen for heal, it becomes a decent PBAoE mini-nuke / endurance recovery tool.  It really does make the set unique and viable from the moment one gets the power.

So I proc'd out Dark Regen, Greater Psi Blade, Torrent, and Tentacles.  Mass Levitate seemed to look better with six Superior Assassin's Mark IOs.  Proc'd out, it was barely better.

Here's the build:

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Darkness Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43)
Level 1: Hide -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43)
Level 2: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), UnbGrd-ResDam(19), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 6: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(15)
Level 8: Concentration -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Shadow Dweller -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Krm-ResKB(43)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Krm-ResKB(13)
Level 14: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17), StdPrt-ResKB(40)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Dark Regeneration -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(21), ScrDrv-Dam%(21), Arm-Dam%(34), TchoftheN-%Dam(37), ThfofEss-+End%(40)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), GldArm-End/Res(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(48)
Level 24: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Rct-Def/Rchg(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 26: Greater Psi Blade -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), TchofDth-Dam%(27), Mk'Bit-Dam%(27), GldStr-%Dam(29), GldNet-Dam%(31), Hct-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Mass Levitate -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(48)
Level 35: Torrent -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(36), JvlVll-Dam%(36), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(36), CldSns-%Dam(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 38: Petrifying Gaze -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(39), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(39), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(39)
Level 41: Cloak of Fear -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(42), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(42), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Tenebrous Tentacles -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(45), JvlVll-Dam%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), CldSns-%Dam(46), TraoftheH-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3)
------------

...and here are some pix of mids (so you don't have to d/l and such):

Spoiler

image.png.5ed1bd17d3c701922399ed0a10f61e9a.png

image.png.bbb80f7e155d98f691a0f8741714b2c2.png

(no accolades, no incarnate, only toggles on)

According to Mids, Dark Regen will hit for approx. 250 damage every 12s while Hasten is on (<17s w/o)... which also refills the blue and green bars (if hitting enough, etc).

I think the chain, once a hidden AS is out of the way and ignoring the clunky INSIGHT mechanic, would be Torrent→Dark Regen→Tentacles→Mass Levitate→Psi Blade→Assassin's Psi Blade (APB)→Greater Psi Blade→repeat.  This should take out much of the mob because of the front-loading of the AoE's, while building stacks for Insight (+3) for GPB.

Basic AoE spamming would be:  Torrent (always first, as the KB-to-KD proc makes this a wonderful soft-cc power, as well as a fast damage dealer), Tentacles (more soft cc via immob and -ToHit), Mass Levitate.  Then Torrent/Mass Levitate with fillers like Dark Regen and single-target stuff on high-hp targets.

Torrent, without Hasten, has a quick 8.33s recharge and hits for 158.4 damage while doing -ToHit and KnockDown.  It is also a generous 60' length and 30° arc.  A *very* nice power, indeed.  I used to skip it!  What a dunce.

Tentacles are OK, the damage is in DoT form, so that kind of sucks, but I think of it as a nice debuff/hold-still power.  The procs change this a lot (they hit up front) so you're getting about 260(?) damage up front, then the DoT (~64 damage) over however long.  The -ToHit debuff adds to Torrent's, too.  It's not amazing, but it's not useless, either.

Mass Levitate was always a favorite of the Psi Melee powerset for me.  Sure, the damage is at the end of the animation, when the bodies hit the floor... let the bodies hit the floor... (couldn't resist), and it's up pretty fast at 7s (no hasten) and hitting for 232, mostly smashing (so you can damage robots better in end game, which Psi is hurting to do).

Greater Psi Blade is a good attack for all Psi Melee ATs, but seems like it would REALLY shine for Stalkers (given the hide proc, the crit building mechanics, etc) and mine is up every 8.33s and hitting for 684.8 damage - the good thing with procs is, you're adding S/L/N (and more psi) so it's not mostly psi, which is weak against Praetorian clockwork.  This thing should Crit for a decent sum.

The other nice thing with Stalker over Scrapper is Assassin's Strike.  Sure, you lose the weak cone attack (only decent when Insight is stacked and it adds a DoT, but meh); I'd much rather have a Quick Form AS than a mediocre cone.  It also allows me to skip TK Blow, as the AS builds insight (should I use the mechanic, and I often do).

Psi Blade is basically a filler attack / set mule.  It's always up, hits for OK damage... not worth proc'ing out do to the recharge (5s).

Dark Armor is ok for resists (about 50%+ to all but energy/toxic, and those are not too weak), defense is sub-par, I did not slot for defense via sets, so it could be a lot more, but I'm thinking if Dark Regen is up every 12-17s, I can probably take quite a few hits.  This ain't no tank, but it ain't no slouch, either!

The real power of Dark Armor is the debuff resistances!  almost 70% for Endurance Draining / End Recovery debuffs.  That's huge.  A little recharge/speed resistance (coupled with Winter Travel proc, a decent 35% is achieved).  Perception debuff resistance is also nice, as a lot of things BLIND.  I do wish they added ToHit debuff resistance (Shadow Dweller would be a PERFECT spot for it).  No defense debuff, but I'm not really counting on my defenses that much.  I trade proc-filled attacks for defense here.  If I want to survive more, I'll play my dark armor tank.

Edited by r0y

I have a psi character sitting at 50 waiting to be geared; someday I’ll probably switch from my rad over to it, but my rad is so friggen steong feeling in teams... not sure if the slow levitate can keep up, despite how much I love it as a power 

9 hours ago, kiramon said:

I have a psi character sitting at 50 waiting to be geared; someday I’ll probably switch from my rad over to it, but my rad is so friggen steong feeling in teams... not sure if the slow levitate can keep up, despite how much I love it as a power 

Wait, you have an issue with Psi Melee's (fairly long) activation of 2.5s for Mass Levitate, but seem to enjoy Rad Melee?  I'm pretty sure Rad Melee has a longer activation in both the T9 PBAoE and the big ST attack (that would compare to Greater Psi Blade).  Unless I'm not remembering correctly, or Rad Melee on Stalkers is much faster than brutes and tanks (I only played it on those).

But from my memory (I retired my Rad Melee toons) it was so painfully slow, and in teams I would get kill-stolen a lot.  It reminded me of Energy Melee's Total Focus and Energy Transfer.  Sure, the hits were hard, but it took so long to activate that all my team mates would just finish off the dude I was targeting.  That frustrated me so often, I retired the toons with it.

At the very least, they are roughly the same in activation/animation times...  I think Psi is a hair quicker, but when you're 2½+ seconds, I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

Edited by r0y

22 minutes ago, r0y said:

Wait, you have an issue with Psi Melee's (fairly long) activation of 2.5s for Mass Levitate, but seem to enjoy Rad Melee?  I'm pretty sure Rad Melee has a longer activation in both the T9 PBAoE and the big ST attack (that would compare to Greater Psi Blade).  Unless I'm not remembering correctly, or Rad Melee on Stalkers is much faster than brutes and tanks (I only played it on those).

But from my memory (I retired my Rad Melee toons) it was so painfully slow, and in teams I would get kill-stolen a lot.  It reminded me of Energy Melee's Total Focus and Energy Transfer.  Sure, the hits were hard, but it took so long to activate that all my team mates would just finish off the dude I was targeting.  That frustrated me so often, I retired the toons with it.

At the very least, they are roughly the same in activation/animation times...  I think Psi is a hair quicker, but when you're 2½+ seconds, I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

It’s just the delay of the damage hitting in aoe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiramon said:

It’s just the delay of the damage hitting in aoe.

Yeah, that also bugs me...  I mean, it makes sense (they take damage as they hit the ground), but it does feel like it's adding to the animation/activation.  I wonder if it is, or if it is just my perception?  You know, 2.5s to animate, but another 0.5s for the mobs to fall and take damage...

17 minutes ago, r0y said:

Yeah, that also bugs me...  I mean, it makes sense (they take damage as they hit the ground), but it does feel like it's adding to the animation/activation.  I wonder if it is, or if it is just my perception?  You know, 2.5s to animate, but another 0.5s for the mobs to fall and take damage...

Yah it’s really frustrating 

On 6/4/2020 at 9:36 PM, r0y said:

Mass Levitate seemed to look better with six Superior Assassin's Mark IOs.  Proc'd out, it was barely better.

Interesting... I'm going with at most 5 of a set, because I can't pass up on running Force Feedback with it (with only one good AoE, I want it up ASAP). Do you think the set bonuses are good enough to lose out on FF, considering that I'll probably put Armageddon in the 5 slots, which does have good set bonuses on its own and includes a damage proc?

34 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Interesting... I'm going with at most 5 of a set, because I can't pass up on running Force Feedback with it (with only one good AoE, I want it up ASAP). Do you think the set bonuses are good enough to lose out on FF, considering that I'll probably put Armageddon in the 5 slots, which does have good set bonuses on its own and includes a damage proc?

Have you considered putting 3 superior Guile (with as little recharge as possible) including the proc and a FF proc in there and the other three somplace else? following up an aoe with an ST crit seems like it would work out pretty well, and mass levitate's recharge makes it almost guaranteed.
Follow up with 2 slotting fury of the Gladiator acc/end/dam/rech and acc/dam (to minimize recharge) and you are getting a whole lot of mitigation from 1 frankenslot. total recharge =15 seconds minus globals, which still gives you 40% chance to fire per mob.
And, of course, splitting the set gives you a grand total of 10% s/l (or 5% melee) and 30% accuracy, which obviously means a whole lot easier slotting for proc monsters in stuff like GPB

Edited by Frostweaver

Yeah, actually, I just looked at my planned build, and it splits Guile between Mass Levi and Assassin's Strike. But the proc is in AS, because it's too good for a single-target attack chain to be able to set up AS and then GPB with a crit. Mass Levitate could be used to go ML to GPB when in a spawn with multiple targets plus a boss, but I think I'd rather set up the crits for a single-target attack chain rather than to only have the proc practically usable when in a group.

So I put 3 Superior Guile in there, the Superior Assassin's Mark Recharge/proc, a damage proc, and the FF. Due to all the recharge, the proc doesn't have a high chance, so it's not much more damage than a Damage/End IO... I may switch to the D/E IO to help with Endurance management, or to the A/D/E/R ATO from Assassin's Mark for higher overall enhancement bonuses.

On 6/5/2020 at 7:26 AM, r0y said:

Ugh, yeah, I just got that ST attack on my rad melee, and when you attack from hide they ALWAYS get an attack off FIRST when you unhide and are standing there with glowing fists.

That is completely unacceptable even though you still get the crit, because I noticed that against Vampyri they are actually able to debuff your to-hit BEFORE the attacks go off... which made it almost useless as an opening alternative to AS. It goes off even if you are KB'd, so why would they get the debuff?
It might even be a bug.

8 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Yeah, actually, I just looked at my planned build, and it splits Guile between Mass Levi and Assassin's Strike. But the proc is in AS, because it's too good for a single-target attack chain to be able to set up AS and then GPB with a crit. Mass Levitate could be used to go ML to GPB when in a spawn with multiple targets plus a boss, but I think I'd rather set up the crits for a single-target attack chain rather than to only have the proc practically usable when in a group.

So I put 3 Superior Guile in there, the Superior Assassin's Mark Recharge/proc, a damage proc, and the FF. Due to all the recharge, the proc doesn't have a high chance, so it's not much more damage than a Damage/End IO... I may switch to the D/E IO to help with Endurance management, or to the A/D/E/R ATO from Assassin's Mark for higher overall enhancement bonuses.

Not a bad idea. It's really about playstyle, I suppose... but I don't ever bother with a Damage proc IO in my AOE's. It's just that when you are adding decent sets for multi-attribute bonuses, I HATE just adding one. Although the 'extra' damage IO from Very rare sets that you 5 slotted elsewhere is a good option because it goes three quarters of the way at 50+5 to capping your damage all by itself.

Edited by Frostweaver

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

Well, because PsiMelee has so few attacks (at least, I didn't take too many), I am limited where I can put my Scrapper ATOs.  AS gets the Stalker's Guile (obviously), and I proc-out GSB.  So that leaves psi blade or mass levitate if I want the set (and I do).  The 6-set bonus is recharge, so one really doesn't want to lose out on 10% (catalyzed/purple'd) recharge for an FF proc.  I really like/need all of the bonuses in the set, so for the over-all build, that's how I went.

Frankenslotting it may serve better if the build was different, and Mass Levitate is a decent spot for the FF-rech proc.  So is Torrent from Darkness Mastery (that's another very damage-proc-heavy, soft cc power).  I might dump the Acc/Dam posi in it for the FF proc; I wanted *some* accuracy, and the 2-set bonus of posi is +recovery, which is always welcome.  I'll see as I get up in level and flesh out this build.