Super Strength on Scrappers

16 minutes ago, Narthull said:

I just found out that CoH has a new chance at life. I play back when CoH first came out and I've always wanted SS on a scrapper. So is this a thing now, in the works or has it been shot down by the dev?

Neither, as it turns out.

I'm still personally holding out hope for this, plus SS where it's really needed: Blasters.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Neither, as it turns out.

I'm still personally holding out hope for this, plus SS where it's really needed: Blasters.

I forgot entirely about Super Strength not being on blasters. old wounds cut deep 😭

• Haha 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

On 6/18/2020 at 3:11 PM, Solarverse said:

Not what I meant at all. I was simply using that as a previous example of what can happen when players have open access to powers they want without having to play the AT they don't want. Scrappers for me was such an AT that I did not like, but played one anyway and enjoyed Dark/Dark as a Scrapper because at the time, that was the only way to play that set.

I used Red side and how red side became a ghost town after players were allowed to play villains as heroes; as an example to help strengthen my opinion was all. Not that I felt it would push players to play red side.

I am guilty of this as well.  😄

Except it's not an accurate example. Villan side was already a ghost town prior to allowing folks to side switch or play villan ATs on heroside.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

This has been heavily requested since olden days of yore. Fire scrappers already out damage fire brutes by a small margin. Giving them rage +crits would be a recipe for a power creeping FOTM city of SS scrappers. 

I.m not against variety but where does this end? Imagine stalkers with titan weapons. I don't mean to sound like a curmudgeon, but i like the fact that some power sets are limited to certain archetypes. While many see it as stifling. i see it as encouragement to step outside your comfort zone and make something that isn't a brute.

The problem with this is that if Rage is broken on Scrappers/Stalkers then it's broken for Tankers/Brutes.  It's broken because SS allows Tankers and Brutes to circumvent the damage ratio they should have over Scrappers and Stalkers.   Now all that said, I actually do think that Rage is broken, even with the crash, so I would like to see SS on Scrappers with BuildUp or some other damage buff.

EDIT:  Just realized this is a 3-4 year old post, lol.

Edited by Psi-bolt

Lots of talking about numbers and mechanics, which is fine and I'm here for it.

But I think most people just want SS on Scrappers because they like the aesthetics of the animations.

You have to admit, knockout blow and foot stomp on a scrapper would be pretty cool, numbers aside. I'm sure if the team really wanted to, they could implement some sort of design to get SuperStrength over. Not sure it needs to be a high prority though.

• Thumbs Up 3

AKA @Shibbs

20 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

Lots of talking about numbers and mechanics, which is fine and I'm here for it.

But I think most people just want SS on Scrappers because they like the aesthetics of the animations.

You have to admit, knockout blow and foot stomp on a scrapper would be pretty cool, numbers aside. I'm sure if the team really wanted to, they could implement some sort of design to get SuperStrength over. Not sure it needs to be a high prority though.

Yes! I just want a good doesn't even need to be the best melee DPS that's not a tank with Super Strangth. I like the feel of knocking bad guys around and the animations are really cool. 

Make rage like a thrown where you just pick the dude up and chunk him or what Hulk does to Loki slamming him into the ground now that would cool