is it possible to move from Redside to Blueside?

hecubus23

Afternoon all! Years ago, the bad guy side had a much larger population than it does today. I've created a Widow and really like the toon, but I've found it hard to level due to very few (if any) playing villians. It seems that Atlas park is THE place to be. Is there any way to play my Widow on the Hero side so that I can make it to 50 before I start collecting my retirement. Any help would be appreciated.

You also don't have to go full on Hero to flip sides either. You can play on both sides via being a Rouge or Vigilant. 

• Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Just for completeness, there's also the old-fashioned way - start doing tip missions at level 20.  Ten missions plus an alignment mission will get you to rogue status (able to travel to blueside, team with heroes, and do police scanner missions - but no "normal" contact missions).  Ten more plus an alignment mish will put you at full-on hero.

The inverse is also true - you can use tip missions to go from hero to vigilante to full villain.

The only objective benefit of doing it this way, really, is that you get badges with each alignment shift.  As you can probably tell, it takes a good chunk of time - and the quality of the missions is debatable.  I've taken both routes (on the same character, no less) - once for convenience, and once for backstory reasons.

Edited by TheOtherTed
...or, you know, what Without_Pause just said...
  • Like 2

You can go Villain - Rogue - Vigilante - Hero.  Null the Gull will change your alignment just for the asking, as many times as you like. ("What can you do?", then Change alignment.)  You can also do the Tips missions method starting at 20, which in Live was the only way.

Villain and Rogue have redside contacts, Hero and Vigilante have blueside contacts.  Rogue and Vigilante are "in-between" alignments, and can visit both sides and participate in both sides' content.  As soon as you flip sides, you'll gain contacts for that side so you're not out in the cold, but your old contacts will go inactive.

My main runs Vigilante most of the time, because she's nominally heroic but takes a more cosmic and pragmatic view of things and has no time for idealism.  She can't initiate redside missions or TFs (because she's still blueside), but she can participate in them if someone starts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

You can go Villain - Rogue - Vigilante - Hero.  Null the Gull will change your alignment just for the asking, as many times as you like. ("What can you do?", then Change alignment.)  You can also do the Tips missions method starting at 20, which in Live was the only way.

Villain and Rogue have redside contacts, Hero and Vigilante have blueside contacts.  Rogue and Vigilante are "in-between" alignments, and can visit both sides and participate in both sides' content.  As soon as you flip sides, you'll gain contacts for that side so you're not out in the cold, but your old contacts will go inactive.

My main runs Vigilante most of the time, because she's nominally heroic but takes a more cosmic and pragmatic view of things and has no time for idealism.  She can't initiate redside missions or TFs (because she's still blueside), but she can participate in them if someone starts.

FWIW, Vigilantes can start red side SFs, and Rogues can start blue side TFs and trials.  I do it all the time.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Just for completeness, there's also the old-fashioned way - start doing tip missions at level 20.  Ten missions plus an alignment mission will get you to rogue status (able to travel to blueside, team with heroes, and do police scanner missions - but no "normal" contact missions).  Ten more plus an alignment mish will put you at full-on hero.

The inverse is also true - you can use tip missions to go from hero to vigilante to full villain.

The only objective benefit of doing it this way, really, is that you get badges with each alignment shift.  As you can probably tell, it takes a good chunk of time - and the quality of the missions is debatable.  I've taken both routes (on the same character, no less) - once for convenience, and once for backstory reasons.

Should also probably note, doing it the old fashioned way via tips also nets you 40 merits for doing a morality mission. Not to be confused with the alignment missions. So there's that if you're looking to solo-grind some merits out of it.

And honestly, I kind of like the writing for tip missions. Better than a good chunk of the standard content in my opinion.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

And honestly, I kind of like the writing for tip missions. Better than a good chunk of the standard content in my opinion.

That's fair.  My main criticism is really with the villain-to-hero tips.  They felt a bit cartoonish to me, and weren't suggestive of any real sort of redemption or morality shift.

On the way to rogue, for instance, I felt like I was simply choosing between mayhem or money before setting foot on the map.  Would have been nice if the tip mission's initial motivation was that of any paper mission (loot, marketable info, asserting your dominance over a rival, etc.), but on the map you find out that there's a complication (a hostage situation, a third-party threat, or a countdown to a "that can't be good for anyone" sort of thing).  You then have to choose between the original objective or the complication.  The choice you make on the map determines whether you advance your alignment.

As for the path from rogue to hero, it felt like a bunch of PR stunts.  No true heroism until the morality mission (BTW, thank you for the correction).

That said, I probably wouldn't have noticed it so much if there were, say, three tips per path.  And, like anything else, I guess it's what we each individually make of it.

Null the gull is an actual seagull, btw. I remember the first time I did this, I was looking for someone to talk to standing on the white van (what I read from the guide) and I was so lost for a solid 15 minutes because I didn't realize I was looking for a bird and not a person. Haha! Just putting that out there because if someone told me, it would've helped. 

Edited by Strawberry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 Kinetic Melee / Regen Scrapper  🐊

50 Pain Domination / Fire Defender  🍰