Support Core boost doesn't double for pets

As the search for 'support core' didn't show any hits:

The description on the left side of the Hybrid -> Support tree (all the 'core' abilities) contains 'This boost is doubled in strength for pets.' The doubling of the boost does not happen for pets on test or live. E.g. Support Core Embodiment gives a +12% boost to defense. Pets should get +24% according to the description but only get +12%.

Tested on a Plant Dom (Fly Trap pet) and Crab Soldier of Arachnos (all the little crawling pets). Same effect for both.

Expected result: All pets get double the boost (e.g. +24% instead of +12% for T4 core).

Edited by Bierfuizl
  • Sad 1

On 6/8/2020 at 7:03 PM, Bierfuizl said:

As the search for 'support core' didn't show any hits:

The description on the left side of the Hybrid -> Support tree (all the 'core' abilities) contains 'This boost is doubled in strength for pets.' The doubling of the boost does not happen for pets on test or live. E.g. Support Core Embodiment gives a +12% boost to defense. Pets should get +24% according to the description but only get +12%.

Tested on a Plant Dom (Fly Trap pet) and Crab Soldier of Arachnos (all the little crawling pets). Same effect for both.

Expected result: All pets get double the boost (e.g. +24% instead of +12% for T4 core).

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Hybrid_Slot_Abilities#Support ?

Support Core Tier 4 gives a six percent boost to players, and twelve percent to pets.  It is working as intended.  For some reason, some people misread the power description and think that it should give a twelve percent boost to players and 24 percent to pets.  That is not the case.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Fortuneteller said:

If this is true, I'm curious why Core is weaker.  It offers less buffs, is smaller radius and it's weaker to boot?  It's stating other than not offering the pet doubling, it's going to give more defense, more damage, more accuracy, plus add in healing and mez buffs plus it is an additional 30 ft bigger?  That's only a 4% difference for pets for all that if the chart is right.

wut

• Thanks 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

16 hours ago, JayboH said:

If this is true, I'm curious why Core is weaker.  It offers less buffs, is smaller radius and it's weaker to boot?  It's stating other than not offering the pet doubling, it's going to give more defense, more damage, more accuracy, plus add in healing and mez buffs plus it is an additional 30 ft bigger?  That's only a 4% difference for pets for all that if the chart is right.

wut

Core also gives Healing and Mez buffs.  So it's +4% Pet Defense versus +2% Defense for others and the 30' extra radius.  Still not balanced, but then Incarnate abilities aren't well balanced in general,

1 hour ago, csr said:

Core also gives Healing and Mez buffs.  So it's +4% Pet Defense versus +2% Defense for others and the 30' extra radius.  Still not balanced, but then Incarnate abilities aren't well balanced in general,

Yes that is out of whack

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 6/13/2020 at 7:50 PM, Apparition said:

Support Core Tier 4 gives a six percent boost to players, and twelve percent to pets.  It is working as intended.  For some reason, some people misread the power description and think that it should give a twelve percent boost to players and 24 percent to pets.  That is not the case.

Not too surprising. The base boost is described as '+12%' under 'Detailed Info'. But for most cases this is only 6%. Only pets get the 12%. Support Radial T4 is 8% across the board. So the description for Support Core T4 should list '+6%' and keep the text about doubling for pets.

For the specific toon the Core T4 is still more attractive as I want to keep the pets alive and every %def helps. Description is still misleading.

13 hours ago, csr said:

Radial also gives Healing and Mez. So it's really only  about the misleading percentage description imho.

Well, also the fact that one side giving +12/24 vs a flat +8 and the only real drawback is a bit smaller radius would also be completely out of whack if true.  No one would take the radial side if those were the actual numbers.

I usually take core on my MM's.  The difference between 50ft and 80ft rarely comes up in my play and you're giving up 2% personal defense to get 4% more for all your pets, worth it to me as it is much easier to get personal defense (thanks to IO's) than pet defense.

• Like 1