is any Dominator Assault set kind of like a dagger?

Sailboat

49 minutes ago, Sailboat said:

Looking to make a Dominator who uses something vaguely like a knife or dagger for main damage dealing.   Thorny Assault. maybe?

No. Martial arts throws shurikens?

Edited by seresibyl3

• 3 weeks later

A hidden gem I've discovered in my powerset recoloring, is the Psionic Dart.  I have it set to Dark Assault (hand animation), but then chose a super bright/pale yellow.  It isolated the hard-geometry of the lance (a really cool dagger or spearhead shape, like a little sharp torpedo) and most of the particle FX fade away.  I did it for an energy lance type effect, but you could easily use white or gray to make it look like you're shooting a small knife from your hand.   The rest of the set doesn't really allow the same sort of thing, but you could at least have a dagger throw for your main basic ranged attack.

My favorite Dominator I have is a Mind/Martial Dom that just uses only the ranged attacks. They're ninja stars, but they animate fast enough people can't really tell, and they make throwing knife sounds (like the Natural Origin power).

His deal is he's a scientist who unlocked telepathy and limited telekinetic ability that he uses to make sure his knives hit home- in my headcanon, they're actually surgical scalpels.

Bonus is that Martial is very good at being purely ranged, although some of the earlier levels can be a bit rough.