Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

1 hour ago, Shadowstorm06 said:

Absolutely! Going to use your Absolute build and play around with Fiery. I’ll shoot it over once I have a work up. I have a KM/Ice Stalker, excited to see how it goes on a Tanker.

Try this out - It is as close to the Absolute build that I could get - I improved a few areas but had to let others slip slightly but I don't think the tradeoff will matter.

Let me know what you think.

Tanker (Ice Armor - Fire Melee).mbd

• Thanks 1

Brutes and Stalkers coming soon. 

Scrappers shortly behind those.

I also have awesome Controller builds - but it will be a while before I can get to those to see if power re-order and optimization is necessary and then respec and test out before posting.  They have a lot more moving parts than the melee - so I am putting those off to last. lol

Then after that - I have been toying around with Blasters - but not like you would think.   I have a DP/Nin that is Deadpool channeled as close to perfect as the game would allow - and the kicker - it plays more like a stalker than a blaster.  Crits, extra damage from stealth, placate, and a confuse.  Start out in the middle of a group - Hail of Bullets. Placate - jump out start blasting at range or confuse then jump back in and use the katana.  It is very dynamic and fun to play - every mob is a risk you have to be on your toes to mitigate.  At around level 34 currently - but still going strong. 

After that I am going to work on a Neo clone DP/MC blaster that was inspired by the Deadpool Clone. 

This time around, I am not posting anything that hasn't been field tested to 50 in the OP of this thread.   That is why I have removed some that were just theory Crafted builds that weren't in regular use.  Everything there will now be stamped and approved for fun, theming, teaming, and durability. 

I would still be more than happy to theory craft any build on a request basis - so please keep those coming and I will do my best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Try this out - It is as close to the Absolute build that I could get - I improved a few areas but had to let others slip slightly but I don't think the tradeoff will matter.

Let me know what you think.

Tanker (Ice Armor - Fire Melee).mbd 44.45 kB · 2 downloads

Checked out the build, loved it. Did some slight messing to fit in some -res procs.

QQ for you though: how is endurance? Seems like we are running really high with not enough recovery. Are you able to lean on Energy Absorption?

6 hours ago, Shadowstorm06 said:

Checked out the build, loved it. Did some slight messing to fit in some -res procs.

QQ for you though: how is endurance? Seems like we are running really high with not enough recovery. Are you able to lean on Energy Absorption?

Yep energy absorption will carry it through when needed.  Later on Ageless Radial also for +end and a little more ddr. 

On 3/31/2024 at 10:09 PM, Infinitum said:

Try this out - If you needed to swap powers around in Axe you could, just try to keep the survival numbers where this build has them and you will do a lot of damage and be nigh unkillable also.  Hope this helps and that you enjoy!

Tanker (Super Reflexes - Battle Axe).mbd 44.66 kB · 2 downloads

Respecced and ran a TinPex and it performed admirably!  Thank you a ton!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bacon Wrangler said:

I have an Elect/Rad tanker that was going to be a farmer, but now I'd like to convert him into a "normal" build. Any suggestions?

Please define "normal"...

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

8 hours ago, Bacon Wrangler said:

I have an Elect/Rad tanker that was going to be a farmer, but now I'd like to convert him into a "normal" build. Any suggestions?

Do you have any preferences or goals you want to achieve with your build - also travel preferences?

7 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Do you have any preferences or goals you want to achieve with your build - also travel preferences?

Goal: Something to play regular iTrials, TFs, and Ouros with my SG. (also, earning threads and Incarnates) 

Travel powersets: Either SJ or Teleport. I suppose SJ may be easier to fit in.

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Bacon Wrangler said:

Goal: Something to play regular iTrials, TFs, and Ouros with my SG. (also, earning threads and Incarnates) 

Travel powersets: Either SJ or Teleport. I suppose SJ may be easier to fit in.

Thanks!

Gotcha covered give me a bit and I will cook something up for ya! 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Bacon Wrangler said:

"Normal" for me would be something to run regular iTrials, TFs, and Ouoros that my SG does every week. Unlocking Incarnates, getting threads, stuff like that.

Try this - it gives you 90% Res to everything except Toxic - 56 and -NRG 78.9 - those numbers are with only one instance of Might of the Tanker - you will easily have two with it being in Lightning Field.

I also built 45.6 Melee defense for initial alpha mitigation - yeah this doesn't have DDR but it at least allows you to mitigate a lot more of the alpha than you otherwise would be subjected to.

I went with Rebirth as a Destiny - I like the theme of it - but there may be better options so feel free to change that to your liking.

I also left one slot open - its a freebie for whatever you would like - I would probably go for Assault in Leadership - but again I left it open for you to inject your theme into this build.

Let me know if you need anything else and hope this helps!

Tanker (Electric Armor - Radiation Melee).mbd

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Try this - it gives you 90% Res to everything except Toxic - 56 and -NRG 78.9 - those numbers are with only one instance of Might of the Tanker - you will easily have two with it being in Lightning Field.

I also built 45.6 Melee defense for initial alpha mitigation - yeah this doesn't have DDR but it at least allows you to mitigate a lot more of the alpha than you otherwise would be subjected to.

I went with Rebirth as a Destiny - I like the theme of it - but there may be better options so feel free to change that to your liking.

I also left one slot open - its a freebie for whatever you would like - I would probably go for Assault in Leadership - but again I left it open for you to inject your theme into this build.

Let me know if you need anything else and hope this helps!

Tanker (Electric Armor - Radiation Melee).mbd 45.34 kB · 0 downloads

You are a hero. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Edits - updated Quantum Infinitum and Volente - notes on OP.

Also - There have been some recently that have taken issue with me selecting 10 saturation on Invincibility - and multiples on AAO etc.  I just wanted to clarify here that it is never my intent to deceive or play mids games, but lets face it - we are tankers - if we aren't up to our elbows in the enemy - we aren't doing it right in the first place.  So most of my builds take into account that fact - and honestly how a tanker and any Melee AT should be played - but especially a tanker.

Plus I want to know what the build will do worst case scenario - because we aren't always going to have multiple team mates casting Barrier or team buffs that will sustain us.  Eventually the chips will be down and we all will come across a situation where the team will wipe or is in danger of wiping and its just us or its just us and a few others.  That's when you know what you are made of as a melee and more importantly a tanker - that's when you don't have the luxury of failing or being weak because your build is designed around receiving team buffs more than being self sufficient when it comes to mitigation.

Lastly none of these builds are optimized for Hard Mode - if you want that - I can provide that, but hard mode should take into account casts of barrier, and other team buffs to optimize for Hard Mode.  Hard Mode builds can actually be weaker in normal gameplay if they end up on an island - because they don't have to chase the extreme when multiple ongoing casts of barrier will put them there by default.  These builds are designed for the most optimal synergy of mitigation and damage output for normal game play up to +4/8 and are disaster proof - while still retaining a unique look and feel that deviates from the meta of everyone AOE everything as quick as you can.  To me that gets boring - and individual identity is lost in the meta at that point.  So none of these are going to chase the meta strictly - but will still be more than capable of clearing a map and retaining the fun aspect.  If anyone would like an in game demonstration of any of these builds I would be more than happy to oblige to show they do exactly what I say they will do.

So keep the requests coming - I am more than happy to help out any way I can.  ;-)

• Like 1

I really like the spines powerset and I was thinking about using it on BIO Armor, do you have any recommendations for tanker primary power with spines? I'm pretty new, I haven't played since before live shutdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, CannibalCape said:

I really like the spines powerset and I was thinking about using it on BIO Armor, do you have any recommendations for tanker primary power with spines? I'm pretty new, I haven't played since before live shutdown.

Bio /Spines would be pretty good.   Great theme too.   

Bio Armor is a very good primary especially once you practice with it's functions and toolsets. 

I will put something together for you.  My Bio build has come along pretty well - just played it last night on Apex Tin Mage and it performed great. 

Is a Dark/Psi tank sane and, if so, what would a build look like, generally?  This would be for group PvE - I don't play solo more or less at all.

Edited by crazyn8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, crazyn8 said:

Is a Dark/Psi tank sane

I chuckled to this..   lol

Yeah it's as sane as any other combo.  I would probably take Omega Infinitum and swap dark melee on it for psi melee and keep similar numbers.  

I will mash this together for you later tonight.  Just got in a few min ago detailing my oldest son's new car. 

4 hours ago, crazyn8 said:

Is a Dark/Psi tank sane and, if so, what would a build look like, generally?  This would be for group PvE - I don't play solo more or less at all.

Try this - extremely durable - lot of utility - Psi Melee is a good attack set - very fun to play.

Also have a free power space at the end for whatever you would like - or if you wanted to swap things around a bit - to make it more about your playstyle it would still be fairly durable with a few changes here or there.

Build attached below - hope it helps and hope you enjoy! 

Tanker (Dark Armor - Psionic Melee).mbd

11 hours ago, CannibalCape said:

Try this - with a preface that I have never played Spines.  Just not my cup of tea. 

The Bio part of this build is good though and as long as you kept the numbers fairly close if you changed things around to suit your need - to the build I posted you will be good to go.

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy - and thanks for following!

Tanker (Bio Armor - Spines).mbd

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Try this - with a preface that I have never played Spines.  Just not my cup of tea. 

The Bio part of this build is good though and as long as you kept the numbers fairly close if you changed things around to suit your need - to the build I posted you will be good to go.

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy - and thanks for following!

Tanker (Bio Armor - Spines).mbd 45.13 kB · 0 downloads

You're my hero! Thank you so much

• Thanks 1

Thanks for updating all the Tanker Builds.

I have a Tank Shield Defense / Energy Melee that was based on Captain Starburst that I shelved and now getting back to working on.  This thread is long and I've lost track of Captain Starburst's build.  I know you mentioned that some of the builds were renamed.  Is Magnus Invictus SD/EN the old Captain Starburst?

Thanks again for the great help with my tanks.

• Thanks 1