Is it possible to rotate an object on only one axis at a time?

Eoghnved

I'm trying to rotate pieces to make a curved wall, first by rotating 90 degrees to make a horizontal surface into a vertical surface, and then rotating in multiples of 4.5 degrees to make the progressively curved wall.  The problem is that when making the shifts for the curve, some of the pieces keep rotating on an unexpected axis making it impossible to set the item the way I want it.  Is this a known bug or is it only me?

To give a little more detail on what's happening here, the object will spin on an incorrect axis with the first movement (such as in the ctrl-alt direction while I'm holding shift-alt) and then spin on the correct axis with subsequent movements.  Sometimes it makes a difference if I move the object to a different location before making the adjustment, sometimes it doesn't help.  Any clues would be appreciated.

All right, I've determined after considerable trial and error that building a wall in a half circle is not possible.  First, I can only use the preset angle rotations if I want to avoid object spinning on the wrong axis.  This forces a distortion in the shape of the wall.  That part would be tolerable, if it weren't for the second problem.  I place a section carefully, lining up the edges precisely and giving a slight overlap to prevent gaps.  Then I move on to the next piece and do the same.  Four or five sections later, I look back to see gigantic gaps.  I wish I'd known before I started that this sort of structure isn't allowed.

I 'think' there's a way (Now because of HC) to do more angles, but I'd personally be afraid of clipping and it just not looking right.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Picture examples of the problem would help here. I also have encountered these strange axis rotation problems. There is usually a way to prevent objects from rotating or moving unexpectedly. I have found the best results with disabling object 'snap-to-grid', and changing the steps of rotation, i.e. rotate on x-axis, before y-axis. Attaching to floor also helps.

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

Okay, I tried another type of wall, this one with 45 degree angles in the corners instead of 90 degrees.  Even with the grid off, it's impossible to line the pieces up next to each other.  Why bother to include rotation if you can't line anything up?