Sorry if this has been addressed, but Beam Rifle weapon customization...

Ry

Bot's Mastermind has some model options Beam Rifle can't have.

Beam Rifle has some model options Bots Mastermind's can't have.

*But why?*

Seriously, I never quite understood this back in the day. I know its not a massive priority, heck, I don't even know if this particular issue has been answered and if I'm kicking a dead horse. Either way, I'd love to have all the rifle options for both powersets. I won't go angry bull frog if we don't, but I think its something to consider. 🙂

Edited by Ry
  • Like 5

I'll have to disagree with that one, personally. But that's me, mainly because I think it'd be easier to do the Beam Rifle thing rather than attached the beam powers to Assault Rifle and vice versa. Plus I'm old fashioned and cranky and want my bullets out my gun and lasers out my beam rifle! 

*waves cane*

Just now, Ry said:

I'll have to disagree with that one, personally. But that's me, mainly because I think it'd be easier to do the Beam Rifle thing rather than attached the beam powers to Assault Rifle and vice versa. Plus I'm old fashioned and cranky and want my bullets out my gun and lasers out my beam rifle! 

*waves cane*

I see no reason why it really matters what your "beam rifle" looks like, especially if you consider that dual pistols has some very non-ballistic-looking options available.  More options is better, IMO, and if you don't like a particular weapon model, just don't use it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, biostem said:

I see no reason why it really matters what your "beam rifle" looks like, especially if you consider that dual pistols has some very non-ballistic-looking options available.  More options is better, IMO, and if you don't like a particular weapon model, just don't use it...

It matters because of the projectiles coming out of said weapon. Animations etc. 

But fair enough, more options is better. It just may make MORE work and the issue isn't even a massive concern anyways, I said so earlier. I don't know how complex it would or wouldn't be either way!

1 hour ago, Ry said:

It matters because of the projectiles coming out of said weapon. Animations etc. 

But fair enough, more options is better. It just may make MORE work and the issue isn't even a massive concern anyways, I said so earlier. I don't know how complex it would or wouldn't be either way!

I'm confused - I'm just talking about the weapon model.  Why would it be that difficult to simply swap-in the AR models into the selection of BR ones?  They're held the same, and there are both long and short BR models already...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chance Jackson said:

the animations should be tied to the powers not the gun models iirc

well, yes and no.  You're GOING to stand differently with a full on rifle and use two hands (unless your name is Salvatore....) vs you could easily one-hand a beam pistol (assuming the pistol didn't have large amounts of kickback).  If there was some kind of kickback somehow, you'd still stand differently to put both hands on a pistol vs both hands on a rifle. 

And as much as possible, you want the beam to actually LOOK like it's coming from the tip of the rifle / pistol.  

If it started a very very short distance from the muzzle it could still be plausible, but the beam should never start a foot to the right/left of the pistol, etc.

Edit but I guess the beam ITSELF... as long as the point of origin is plausible... yes, the kind of gun wouldn't matter.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 1

Some models are already shared between AR and BR thus work with both animations, so I don't see why the rest ot them cannot be shared. Also, as a AR wielder I am looking at that AK looking beamer with great jealousy. Need that one! Asked for the Resistance Rifle back in September so my hopes are small though.

• Like 2