Turning off the numbers

Hi, all!

I've asked this a couple of times on the Help channel, and never got anything useful.  I'm hoping someone here can help.

Is there a control(s) that will allow me to turn off the healing/damage numbers (but especially healing)?  I've tried several options that sounded like they were the fix, but I never got results.   As my picture shows, and I'm sure you already know, it can be difficult to see what's going on in certain events like the Mothership Raid, and I'd just like to clear that up.  I suppose it would be useful for my empath, but for me, not much else.  Please let me know if there are additional controls that need addressing, such as healing on pets, perhaps.

image.png.6089b45b64a76647f910709e92f3d53a.png

Have you checked under Menu-Options and then either Graphics and Audio or the Windows tab? I seem to recall it being there but I'd have to get on and check.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

So I couldn't find anything under the options menu. 😞

Edit: And I couldn't find anything with a forum search that turned up a similar thread with no answer either. I think you might be out of luck.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

The only other thing I can even think of is removing the corresponding feedback channel  from the Combat chat tab. I'll give that a try and see if it works.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

25 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

The only other thing I can even think of is removing the corresponding feedback channel  from the Combat chat tab. I'll give that a try and see if it works.

Nope, this does not work either. I'm out of ideas and I don't believe this is possible.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

On 7/1/2020 at 11:19 PM, Sakai said:

I don't think you are out of luck. I do not have all of the numbers floating around. They annoyed me as well so I made them go away but do not remember how. 

I could have sworn I was able to turn them off in the original game, I've tried too this time around, but have been unable to find a solution.

Edited by Techwright

12 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I could have sworn I was able to turn them off in the original game, I've tried too this time around, but have been unable to find a solution.

I also think this used to work somehow, but these days I have so many different old MMO UI's floating around in my head that I have trouble keeping them straight anymore. I blame my impending dotage. 🤣

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

4 hours ago, Darkneblade said:

Found it I think. Menu -> Options -> Windows -> Status/Group/Pet Window Buff Display -> Hide buff numbers.

Great!  I'll try it out as soon as the server-pocalypse ends.   Thank you for looking into that!

• 1 year later
21 minutes ago, kwsapphire said:

This doesn't work for me - has anyone found another way?

There is not and there never has been a way (the buff numbers thing is unrelated), but it's kind of a Mandela effect.  Ask in Help, and half the people on the server will insist that they totally saw the option at one point.

The closest there is to a few toggles that pop up numbers (and only a certain few, not all of them) defaulting to a numbers-hidden option with the ability to customize them to "Show Floaters" and have the numbers appear.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

IIRC,

Options:Menus:Windows:Stop Sending All Buffs

should limit the floating numbers to your own ones (and maybe teammates, too?).

I can't find a suitable place to test it right now, but give it a shot.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)