Weekly Redside Radiation Roulette. (Sept 4th start)

Li_Sensei

Afternoon all.

I'm planning a weekly Redside radiation team, along the lines of Cold Front (the ice/cold/storm team I started in December which recently petered out with everyone nicely 50+3 🙂 ).

The idea is simple, one of your powersets, primary and/or secondary has to be radiation (blast, emission, armour, melee).

And other than being Redside, that's it.

You can go Rad/Rad Corruptor, you can go Rad/Regen Scrapper.  So long as one of the sets is radiation, that's all that matters.

No, Thermal Radiation does not count.

The plan is to run it one evening per week, 19:30 UK time start, with the current plan being Fridays starting on September the 4th.  I'll be in Mercy Island from about 19:00-19:15 on the 4th if you're interested.

Just like Cold Front, to try and give it a little longevity, I'd suggest no XP boosters, and if Cold Front is anything to go by, there'll still be decent levels of XP income.

And I know it clashes with the casual iTrials, but Friday evenings is the best option for several people I know'll be involved.

- Li.

(edited to correct the start time)

Edited by Li_Sensei
  • Like 3

Just a minor update.

So far (at least tenuously) we've got :

Rad/Water Defender

Rad/Rad Defender

Rad/Rad Tanker

A Stalker of some irradiated flavour

In case it influences any character choice you may make.

I did also make a Stone/Rad controller, but since I ran a controller on Cold Front, I thought I may as well do something a little different this time.

If you're interested, and want to reply here, feel free.

Cheers.

As far as the channel goes, no idea.  That sort of thing'll sort of shake itself out once it starts rolling.

It's also looking like the Tank/Stalker are going to have crippled targets and be buffed almost to the gills..

• 4 weeks later

This is just a reminder that the nominal start date/time is 7:30 UK time next Friday (the 4th of September), in Mercy Island with a level 1 or 2 toon (depending on whether you went though breakout or not) using Radiation Melee/Armour/Emission/Blast as one of their Primary/Secondary powersets.

If anyone's interested, feel free to turn up, or fling a /tell in game.  My global is, oddly enough @Li Sensei .

Yes, I know it feels to a lot of people that yesterday was just the 73rd of April, but it really is September next week... 🙂

So now we have by way of semi-confirmed:

Rad/Water Defender

Rad/Rad(?) Defender

Rad/Rad Tanker

something irradiated Stalker

Rad/Kin Corruptor

Fire/Rad Controller.

Something Iraradiated Six-Six

Rad/Temporal Balster.

Any more turn up and it's time for multiple teams.

Edited by Li_Sensei

Wow. an organised redside run 😃

I would love to join with my spanking new Rad/Regen Brute. The only thing holding me back is the time. I'm in Asia and UK 1930 is around 4:30am for me. I'm usually up, but my mental capacity at such time is usually diminished. In any case, I'll shoot you a tell when I can. My global is @Six-Six. hope to catch you in-game.

Well, I don't know about 'organised'...  it's not like I've planned a route through contacts or anything.  If you do make it at some ungodly hour of the morning, then I may as well let you know more or less what to expect.

It'll be like the Cold/Storm/Ice team I had going, in that there will be all the mayhems at appropriate levels, to try and get people on synced contacts, so everyone gets reward merits.  Other than that it's likely going to be seat of the pants stuff.  Usually I solo the radio/paper missions between sessions with XP turned off to get a Mayhem/Safeguard ready for the next session.

Oh, and don't expect the TF's while levelling, they accelerate the XP income too much, and the point is to sort of enjoy the mayhem in a semi-scenic manner.  And story arcs are scenery 🙂

7 individuals of dubious morality and atomic cohesion last night.

Irrad.thumb.jpg.431ac1060e54b93d6ca5621750079f5d.jpg

For anyone wondering about the star ratings, 5 means I know them in real life.  4 means I've played enough to flag them as 'not a numpty' zero stars is default for everyone else.

Oh and the thing between Vecter and Atom Heart Father?  That be me scurvy dog.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

How do you run this in game? Do you use Discord?

I have a level 20-ish toon called Straling that would fit the theme.

I might see if I can be online next Friday, if you're still running.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

• 3 weeks later

Sorry, life intervened (or more specificially, a visit from family from Stockholm), so I didn't really get much play time lately.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

Sorry, hadn't checked this thread for a while.

Yes, we're still running.  And tripping, faceplanting and getting mileage out of Vengeance, Fallout and Mutation

Whilst we do use Discord for random gibbering (depending on how knackered people are on a Friday Evening), it's not obligatory.  Some people just listen, some don't use it at all.  I try to make sure there's enough info in team chat to understand what's going on.

To join in, your best bet is likely to drop me a tell to "@Li Sensei" from 7:10pm UK time ish on a Friday evening.  I try to make sure I'm on before the nominal start time of 7:30.

I think we finished tonight pretty much all at level 33.  Tonight involved Doc Buzzsaw's second arc, a Banner event, a Ghost of Scrapyard, Crimson Revenant's first arc and a very, *VERY* debuffed Mynx

(And if Lines is reading this, you forgot about it again...)

On Crimson Revenant's first arc last night, I popped a Power Analyser on Mynx and did a few seconds of screen capture to see just how crippled she ended up.

This is a quick and dirty composite of screenshots from the shadowplay capture, hopefully it'll be legible after uploading to the board:

945646001_MynxDebuffed.thumb.png.d62d5935a0a5d2e72a64b2a5f3b6a712.png

Edit - Apparently not so visible.  Try this link instead to avoid eye strain

Edited by Li_Sensei

• 2 weeks later

Last night was... a mixed bag.

Finished off Sister Airlia's first arc, featuring the item that shall remain nameless, because apparently everybody's 5 years old 😛

Then we decided to go do fishboy's patron arc.  (because a) I decided we may as well do a patron arc for people who want to use one, b) there's no way I'm doing the paranoid moron in a tin can's arc again if I can help it and c) everyone else was tired of Emo Boy and Spooky Gal's arcs...)

The first mission of that arc does NOT like a team of 8 going in.  The Mu Arachnos agent failed to spawn on both of the attempts we made on it.  And news flash, +3/+4 Longbow HURT.

Finished up with a couple of paper missions, and hopefully in a position to finish Fishboy(tm) off next week.

I think pretty much everyone's up to Level 38 or so now.

So, finished off FIshboy with no more problems, other than the apparently obligatory occasional faceplants.

Brickstown Mayhem mission with the apparently obligatory "regroup in the police cells" event.

Then we split up to two teams of 4 to got play in Dr Kane's House of Horror.  My team delayed going in to make sure everyone had a temp costume.  The other team didn't.

Guess which team got all the badges?

There was something else, but I've forgotten what it was now.  - Edit - Ah yes, we did a couple of Kelly 'Not a Rikti agent' Uqua's missions.

Edited by Li_Sensei
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 1:52 AM, Li_Sensei said:

Sorry, hadn't checked this thread for a while.

Yes, we're still running.  And tripping, faceplanting and getting mileage out of Vengeance, Fallout and Mutation

Whilst we do use Discord for random gibbering (depending on how knackered people are on a Friday Evening), it's not obligatory.  Some people just listen, some don't use it at all.  I try to make sure there's enough info in team chat to understand what's going on.

To join in, your best bet is likely to drop me a tell to "@Li Sensei" from 7:10pm UK time ish on a Friday evening.  I try to make sure I'm on before the nominal start time of 7:30.

I had forgotten about this, as life tends to intervene. I might be able to join this Friday, but my Radiation toon is still level 22. Would that be a problem?

I don't know what half the arcs you mention are.

1 hour ago, Li_Sensei said:

It wouldn't be a problem, but we've pretty much stabilised on 8 people, so whether there'd be space is unfortunately another issue entirely...

A friend of mine is making a Radiation Villain as well, which we will level a bit today. We'll show up around 20:00 CET and contact you. Then we'll see what happens, and if you can accomodate us. Otherwise we'll just do something else. No worries.

Thanks for the reply.

If you need a target, we hit 40 last week.  Will probably get to 41/42ish this week.

As I've said before, we're running on single XP, and not doing SF's, and we're still whipping through level bands apace.

If we've got space, you're welcome to join, BTW.  (since I don't think I've actually said that yet)