The Roleplay-a-Day System

FoulVileTerror

Welcome to Roleplay-a-Day!

Each day different Base(s) and/or Zone(s) will be promoted as the ideal location to meet with other roleplayers.  While this is primarily meant for use by the Everlasting Shard's playerbase, anyone is free to use it!

These locations are non-exclusive, and are merely meant to help facilitate players' chances of meeting one another "in the wild."

If you have any Feedback or Suggestions, please feel free to provide it here!  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious, how is the reception of RaD? I joined one of the earlier ones once, but there was no one there, perhaps it was my timing or it's too new and hasn't catch on? I subsequently forgot about it, and didn't went to any of the RaD venue.

I think I'm going to need to find a way to organize things a little more and add some further incentive.  Having some players volunteer as daily chaperones and scene-enhancers would help too.

Not having a set time of day means that there's an extra barrier to visiting at the same time as other players in a given day.  

I'm thinking about writing some seed scenarios for people to consider using, and tying them to a specific time of day.  Of course, having players volunteer to help with that would be ideal.

• 11 months later
On 8/12/2020 at 8:44 AM, FoulVileTerror said:

I think I'm going to need to find a way to organize things a little more and add some further incentive.  Having some players volunteer as daily chaperones and scene-enhancers would help too.

Not having a set time of day means that there's an extra barrier to visiting at the same time as other players in a given day.  

I'm thinking about writing some seed scenarios for people to consider using, and tying them to a specific time of day.  Of course, having players volunteer to help with that would be ideal.

What would you say of having the biweekly classes I host being held in some of these locations during their session dates/times? Might that help with opening up the idea of in-the-wild RP discovery's?

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

I'd like to bring some characters by, but I'm confused about how it works. Like the Faultline event shown on the calender on the 6th says it doesn't start until the 21st, and doesn't mention a time.

Do people just generally show up and mingle, or are there specific scenarios for some of them?

• 2 weeks later

The idea, @Magairlín, is to eventually arrange for various "roleplay seeds" and "caretakers" for each day and/or location.  I would set them up with some items to help incentivize and reward roleplayers . . . buuuuut I'm not there yet.  So, in the meantime, I just encourage anyone and everyone to check out the various Roleplay-a-Day sites around their preferred playtimes, and see if they don't bump in to fellow roleplayers.

Basically, just another tool for the community to use, if they want, to facilitate roleplay and meeting fellow roleplayers, just like the OOC/RP Global Channels.

• Like 1