UI Help

killobit

So, I've been working on my user interface and have it mostly the way I want.  When I load the window file it places all of my windows exactly where I want them.  The only issue I am still having is the power trays.  I always have to press the little arrow to the right of my first power tray a couple times to get the additional trays.  Does anyone know of a way either through a slash command or something in the window file itself that can have it automatically expand that out to to the full 3 trays?

If I understand correctly, If you do what EmmySky has directed EVERY new character can load EXACTLY the settings you had when you typed /wdwsave.
When the new character appears in Atlas, type /wdwload and BOOM! Magic.

Are you saying you don't get 3 open trays numbered 1, 2, 3 and stacked how you want them?

Edited by Vulpoid

5 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

Are you saying you don't get 3 open trays numbered 1, 2, 3 and stacked how you want them?

That is correct.  Like the insp window being shrunk down to just the bottom line, power trays only show one on new characters even after a solid /wdwload.

I am wondering if there is a windowshow command name for them or that will trigger an expand?  I would like the expand for my insp window on new toons to automatically resize as I lvl up instead of having to hit the arrow.  /wdwload has them in the right place but not expanded properly.

Edited by EmmySky

Hit the right alt key twice and all three trays will be open.

you'll have to still set the tray number for them, though.

Occasionally, I'll hit the right alt while in the middle of combat and trays 2 and 3 will disappear.

It's mildly annoying when it happens.

• Like 1

Still hoping for a "Lock my trays, DAMMIT!" command.

I'm forever accidentally clicking the little arrows mid-fight and finding out my travel tray has seized the position of my combat tray.*

Perils of being a clicker.

* To be fair, once I am resting comfortably on the carpet I have plenty of time to fix this.

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

14 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Still hoping for a "Lock my trays, DAMMIT!" command.

I'm forever accidentally clicking the little arrows mid-fight and finding out my travel tray has seized the position of my combat tray.*

Perils of being a clicker.

* To be fair, once I am resting comfortably on the carpet I have plenty of time to fix this.

I'm not a clicker and I run into that same problem at times.

I use the 1 through 0 keys for my attacks, and accidentally hit the - key on occasion.

Then I find my primary tray on tray 9 (and usually empty) instead of 1.

I just haven't gotten around to rebinding/unbinding the - and = keys.

• 1 year later
On 8/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, killobit said:

So, I've been working on my user interface and have it mostly the way I want.  When I load the window file it places all of my windows exactly where I want them.  The only issue I am still having is the power trays.  I always have to press the little arrow to the right of my first power tray a couple times to get the additional trays.  Does anyone know of a way either through a slash command or something in the window file itself that can have it automatically expand that out to to the full 3 trays?

This is really old, but seems only half-answered.

The short-short form is to carefully arrange your UI as you like it, including some judicious use of /windowscale to adjust window sizes as you like, and then save it using /wdwsave. It should always come up in that configuration. (Saving should not affect that.) And if you mess it up, use /wdwload to put everything right again.

The next step from that is to use the file-name versions of load and save so you can save custom layouts for each alt.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

OK, you guys necroed this thread, so I felt obligated to add: The wonderful, thoughtful, lovely and talented Devs DID make a "Lock Tray Numbers" to go along with "Lock Powers in Tray!"

Blessings upon 'em!

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 2/8/2022 at 6:24 PM, DoctorDitko said:

OK, you guys necroed this thread, so I felt obligated to add: The wonderful, thoughtful, lovely and talented Devs DID make a "Lock Tray Numbers" to go along with "Lock Powers in Tray!"

Blessings upon 'em!

Huh. How do I set that?

1 hour ago, Sakai said:

Huh. How do I set that?

It's in Options:Windows:Powers, right below "Lock Powers in Tray."

6 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

It's in Options:Windows:Powers, right below "Lock Powers in Tray."

Sure, do it the hard way.

Or just right-click on the tray and toggle "Lock Tray Number" and/or "Lock Powers in Tray"...

• Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

16 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Or just right-click on the tray and toggle "Lock Tray Number" and/or "Lock Powers in Tray"...

Are you kidding me!

Boy, do I feel sheepish... Bah!