Best Route through the Game for Natural Origin?

Tath99

Another TF under the belt for the Master Acc'.   Our third AV take down..!

Did a very interesting Oro Council arc with 3 EBs in Requiem, Maestro etc.  Initially struggled with the cramped surroundings of the inner lair at the end.  I thought they were AVs 😮.  But when we had a second crack at them we regained our composure.

ie. after employing some guerrilla tactics...we came good.  Even?  Pulling two EBs at once for a 'very crowded' fight seen on the upper stairs as the EBs brought their private army.  We took both out.  

Melee S & L defence is under developed (the above arc highlighted that as an area we can get 'surprise' attacked or struggle in tight melee spaces.)  Power choices at L41, 44, 47 and 49 to come.

Suggestions welcome.

Oil and Rain of Arrows could do with an extra damage slot each (and Rain an extra recharge.).  Damage here, is therefore, under slotted for such pivotal damage powers.  The only others that aren't are the tier 1 and 2 attacks with their piddly damage.  Flaming Arrow and Exploding Blast 6 slotted.  Ranged Shot (5 slotted...).  Under our 'old school' rules only two ATs can be fitted (and no other IO sets.).  Flaming Arrow is 6 AT slotted.  Ranged Shot is 5 AT slotted.

18 slots left.

Debuff and Damage are broadly in parity.  (ie two slots of debuff and two slots of damage) Arrows just 'one' slot behind Debuff of Tricks in allocation.

Our broad aim was to have most powers 4 slotted by the late 20s/early 30s.  Now, at L40, some are getting 5 and 6 slotted.

The way this Defender has worked so far is getting enough End.  To power the Debuffs.  To buy time to control and attack the battlefield.  And then having enough Defence to offset any come back (S&L defence is a an area that could stand some improvement.)  And then Damage is the next thing to maximise. 

Victory Rush, Stun Arrow and EMP are only single slotted.  Recent choices bar Rain of Arrow at L38.  Balancing debuff and attack can lead to slots drying up really fast and you have to think about where your slots go.  These 3 powers I used conditionally.  Vic Rush I don't use as I'm largely end efficient.  Stun Arrow.  I'm an Offender and spend more time 'arresting' stuff.  And EMP.  'Break glass in case of emergencies.'  (The 15 second end torpedo is counter to an Offender's attack, attack, attack...)

This is a great team Defender.  Excellent for Duos.  It's work can go hidden and under appreciated.  It's not the obvious healer.  It's prevention rather than cure.

Many may opt for the 'Blaster' version.  I can see why.  But if you have somebody of a like minded viewpoint you can have a lot of fun...and take down AVs.  (Entangle is great for holding them on the burning oil!)

Yes.  With SOs.  Bow string.  And Arrows.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later

UPDATE!

Duo TA/Arrows is NOW L50.  Now we're cooking.  Mobs are melting like butter.

L38 brought about some kind of 'arrival' for TA.  Pulling more mobs and becoming more artful with TA.

L46.  Things were starting to crawl and stall progress wise.

Then a dash for the finish line.  L50!  DING!

I spent 'a day' building mine.  Went for Melee emphasis with procs.  Tath99 went more for range.

For my build, out went Stealth for Hasten.  Entangle out for Ice Arrow.  And  Stunning was replaced by AIM.  My design aim and rp is to 'arrest' stuff faster.  So that's quicker, more damagier and a hold that is pretty nasty on Bosses.  I would say Entangle seems better on AV holding though. 😉

Wanted my build to be quick, damaging and have good melee defence.  Why?  We seem to get drawn into melee fighting 'most of the time.' 😉

And most of my 'deaths' came from melee.  So I'm capped with S&L with Energy pretty close behind.

I moved to get the Intuition Alpha Radial to + shift Tier 3 quickly.  Then Support Tier 3.  Then the Interface.  I went for the - def interface.  (Now Tier 4 on the 1st two with Interface on Tier 3.)  Intuition is a real force multiplier for TA.  I have the Lore pets and....Judgement.  I'm happy with the inc's as they are.  That's a lock.  Build done.  Inc's done.

Did the Maria Jenkin's AV arc.  Whilst we're not the AV kings that Rad' Defenders are?  We managed to get to the Force Field AV before we drew a stalemate (and ran out of time...) on _1 x6.  We did get her health down to the last 1/5th.  But she kept putting on PFF.  And she blew us both through that portal (which drew stifled laughs from Tath99.  Me?  I was less amused. 😄 )

But as Force Field is my favourite set?  I thought it was a fitting stalemate.  We managed to beat a Psi AV that our FF duo could not.  But we could not beat a FF AV.  Poetry.

We weren't using incarnate pets.  It was 'us' vs them.  So very grindy.  But doable.  Until we met her.  But to beat as many AVs as we did proved that a duo of TA/Arrows has potency. 

+3x8?  On Council?  No problem.  +2x6 in general?  Np.  And we've got the measure of those carnie queens now.

Now, TA/Arrows alt has to pay back all the influence it borrowed for the build...

TA/Arrows.  Has great battle field strategy in general missions.  It whups bosses.  Once you get TA Def' built to this level you'd make a blaster blush.  With all debuffing allowing you to add layers of problems for the mobs.  You want slow?  You want - def?  You want - res?  You want a hold?  An immob for AV?  You want a corridor wide AoE damage that can stack with another AoE corridor wide damaging power?  You want a stun?  What about an AoE group stun with - end?  What about blinding mobs?  As a stealth?  What about a power that kills incoming damage?  Really?  REALLY?  What about a - def and - res power?  Sounds like the gravy boat...pass that here...

When you put it like that?

Where do I sign up.

...in fact I did.

Most of all.  It is a lot of fun.  It plays terrific. 🙂

A thoughtful 'legs off spiders' concept that really pays off as you mature with the 'money shot' build as you stand at the peak of Mount Olympus with Incarnates.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 1

It's also worth noting how just swapping three powers out.  eg. Entangle, Stunning Shot and Stealth out...for Ice Hold, AIM and Fistful of Arrows made for a different feeling build.  I feel these changes brought about a more direct and aggressive approach to my play.  Even small changes takes a while to adjust the muscle memory after 46 lvls of play.  But I'm now happier with the changes.

We've taken plenty of #money shots of our victories.  Perhaps Tath99 can provide some 'choice cut' moments...

Azrael.

2 hours ago, Lines said:

Just in time for TA to get a huge buff!

Just in time. 🙂

Wanted to get a wriggle on and get to 50.  So I could compare before and after the new TA patch.

I've tried TA on Beta.  'Promising.'  (Though I don't like the new EMP effect for graphics.  I do like the buffs from it though. 😄 )

Hoping the devs put new graphics effect from EMP onto Disruption Arrow instead.  (Gives me headaches.) 😮

Azrael.