Bidding prompted

Dahkness

99% chance I can predict how well it will work:

Player: Places bid

AH: are you sure you want to do that?

Player: Yes

AH: are you really sure you want to do that?

Player:  sigh.  yes.

AH: Accepts bid.

20 or so bids later

Player: Places bid

AH: are you sure you want to do that?
Player: OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST PLACE THE $%*&#$&%$& BID ALREADY!!!!!
Disables popup notification.

Guaranteed.

Edited by SurfD
  • Confused 1

Just one promted window not several. Like the enhancement prompted window you can disable that on the same window with no need to search the menus. 
And that’s why I asked for it to have the option to disable it. For people like you. Who don’t want to be bothered. 

Your ignorant response was kind of rude

Edited by Hops

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

My point is is that even for the people who would likely use it, that extra step of confirmation (even if it is a single prompt) is likely to easily become annoying enough that they will simply disable it anyway, and then promptly forget about it's existence until the next time they butterfinger a bid and smash a keyboard in a fit of pique.

The basic premise against it is that it's not something you should need in the first place.  Just pay more attention to what you are doing, and the need to have something ask "are you sure you want to do this" even once straight up goes away.

• Like 1

This has come up a number of times, usually when bidding over a certain amount.

My opinion, is why not?  It already exists for the first time you sell something over a certain amount.  I think 99.99% of people will disable it at first popup, but so long as it is a trivial programming concern, I don't see how it would adversely affect me.  I don't think it's necessary or even wanted by the vast majority of people, but I don't see how it would harm me personally other than temporarily inconvenience me the first time I try to buy something and then I disable it.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata

Who run Bartertown?

42 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

And if people have this option and then disable it and THEN still make the mistake, then maybe they won't come to the forum complaining about it since they'll feel too sheepish, knowing that this time they well-and-truly did it to themself.

That is a frankly adorable level of optimism.

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!