Sever Swapping Seemed Serious

Clave Dark 5

Can someone give the quick low down on swapping servers?  I thought about doing it with a toon tonight and got the window with the disclaimers, all of which I knew about, except for something about "this will lose you one token in your pool and can't be undone" or stuff.  Is this holdover from live?  I was under the impression we can swap a few times a month at least or something, but this sounded dire, somehow.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

20 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Can someone give the quick low down on swapping servers?  I thought about doing it with a toon tonight and got the window with the disclaimers, all of which I knew about, except for something about "this will lose you one token in your pool and can't be undone" or stuff.  Is this holdover from live?  I was under the impression we can swap a few times a month at least or something, but this sounded dire, somehow.

IIRC, you can transfer five characters per week, refreshing on Wednesday.  It's just a warning letting you know that if you go through with the transfer, you'll only have four remaining for the week, and if you decide to transfer the toon back to the original server, it'll cost you another transfer.

• Like 1

Now see, that's what I thought but the screen made it sound like I was signing up for Scientology or something.  Thanks for the info!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've done it with characters for a single session if Reunion is quiet. Move to Everlasting, play for an hour or two, transfer back. 

In theory you could end up with a weird 1 at the end of your name for your vacation and you could lose their name at "home" while you're abroad I guess, but that's never happened to me. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, that name thing.  I doubt that'd ever affect me, my name's almost never conflict, I have odd ones in general (just see my sig).

• Haha 1

Go have fun!

Your just losing a transfer token. I believe you get 5 every three days.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

14 hours ago, kiramon said:

I transfer off tb to excelsior when I want groups. They tend to know more lol

Here's the ironic twist: I was taking one of my 50s off Excelsior to participate in the nightly MSR on Indom.  Because I play more on Excelsior these days as I'm up late at night, but the raids on Indom are great and always well-attended.

• Like 1

Go have fun!

On 8/19/2020 at 2:42 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Here's the ironic twist: I was taking one of my 50s off Excelsior to participate in the nightly MSR on Indom.  Because I play more on Excelsior these days as I'm up late at night, but the raids on Indom are great and always well-attended.

The nightly Indom MSRs *are* great, they're appointment gaming to me.  The core group running the raids have it pretty much down to a science; about the only mystery is which grates to go to once the shields are down.  I'm still trying to figure out the best combination for overall merit-siphoning; a lot of it is down to what your role is and your team composition, but it's not exclusively a "do damage, earn merits" equation.  My EA/Dark Defender is a guaranteed 1600 per raid, whereas my Fire/Storm is usually at 1500, and that thing is nothing but AoE damage.  (1500 being a magic number, because hitting that in two raids gets you 100 reward merits)

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!