Super Packs lagging horribly when opening

General Idiot

Before anyone says it, no I'm pretty sure this isn't actual network lag on my end.

Recently I've found a weirdly consistent lag when opening super packs. I log in, collect my sold auctions and buy a bunch of packs to open. The first time, they open fine. But if I then sell stuff from those and buy a second lot with the proceeds, that second lot will consistently take ages to respond when I try to open them. They open eventually, but sometimes only after upwards of ten minutes waiting for it. And it's always the second lot I open, the first is always fine. If not for that consistency I'd blame it on my poor connection and move on, but it's too consistent to be just my connection. It feels more like whatever subsystem handles the packs is getting overloaded somehow, especially when the entire rest of the game runs fine with no lag in the meantime and I can keep playing normally while waiting.

To reproduce, assuming it's actually a bug or some problem with the server and not some weirdness on my specific setup:
- Buy a stack of super packs (How many seems to be irrelevent in my experience, but usually I buy 10 at a time)

- Open all of then, they should open normally or maybe a couple of seconds delay if you're lagging a bit.

- Collect all the rewards from your character items, place them all on the auction house. Specifically I tend to place ATOs for reasonable prices to sell overnight, and everything else (boosters, converters, unslotters etc) goes up for 1 inf to sell immediately for whatever the standing bids are at. I don't know if the auctioning in between is relevent or not, it might also be worth testing just waiting five minutes or so.

- Buy another stack of super packs.

- Try to open the second stack, they should take an unreasonably long time to open.

- Repeated attempts to open the second stack should produce a 'Please wait a moment' message in the chat window, followed some time later by the results of several packs at once being spammed in chat while only one actually comes up in the proper window.

Has anyone else observed similar behavior?

• Like 2

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

Yeah, that happens to me a lot as well but that's more likely just lag more than anything. What sets this apart for me is no matter when I do it, how well the rest of the game is or isn't running at the time, it's always the second lot of packs I buy that makes me wait minutes at a time for them to open while the first lot works fine.

I have been buying a lot of super packs lately hoping for Experienced to burn vet levels quicker for empys.  And by a lot I mean easily over 100 over the 3 day weekend.  

I found lag happens when I buy a batch, claim the items and sell them on AH then use that inf to buy more, all in one timeframe rather than a mission run between the two buying spurts.  This makes them lag when opening, usually zoning into a mission will catch it up to start opening them.

I also found lag in claiming items from email when I was doing the multiple buy spurts described above.  Also, claiming several dual insp then clearing regular insp then trying to claim more dual insp caused it to lag.  Sometimes closing email and reopening fixed it, sometimes zoning into a mission fixed it.  

All these lag issues were fixed by logging off and back in the next morning, but I guess that could almost be said about anything lol.

• Like 1

You aren't alone. I had a similar experience yesterday. Had a bunch of superpacks on the side and I had a need for some ATOs so I opened two of them. Then I zoned to check something on the market and proceeded to try and open some more packs but nothing happened. No error message or system chat warning. My item counter on the packs also didn't go down.  I right-clicked and hit open a few times, zoned again and clicked some more to no avail. I finally decided to log off and back on and I my chat got suddenly spammed with all the packs I had opened (roughly 11 of them... yeah I know.. less coffee).

While this seems anecdotal, I don't recall having a similar issue in the "recent past".

Edited by elkhor
clarity

6 hours ago, EmmySky said:

All these lag issues were fixed by logging off and back in the next morning, but I guess that could almost be said about anything lol.

Same issues and same fix, fwiw. Although, I merely logged into a different character to run a mission, then back to the purchasing character. 20 minutes-ish?

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

1 hour ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Same issues and same fix, fwiw. Although, I merely logged into a different character to run a mission, then back to the purchasing character. 20 minutes-ish?

Good to note how 'short' of a time logging takes to fix it.  If anyone has tried logging for 5 minutes and it doesnt fix it, we start to narrow it down.

Might as well add my experience to this. I regularly open 120 Super Packs (40 of each) and process them to the AH in 30-45 mins. For the past 2-3 weeks, after I get the 1st batch of enhancements out of the mail and into the AH, when I go back to the mail, I cant claim anything. It continually gives me the message "Character or Account item claim failed, another request is pending". Sometimes this lasts 5 mins, sometimes over an hour. Ive logged out, switched characters, logged into another acct then back to this acct, zoned (bases, common maps, regular maps) went in mish's, claimed/sold things on AH, everything I could think of. 

Prior to this, I did the same exact thing for the past 6 months and never had an issue.

That happens a lot to me as well, though the packs themselves refusing to open for up to 20 minutes at a time after the first batch is more common. It comes right in the end but it's infuriating standing there trying every few minutes to open packs and getting 'Please wait a moment' in the chat window like I haven't been waiting several minutes already.

Honestly of late I'm wondering if the account server is on a seperate VM that just hasn't been given enough resources and is running extremely slowly at times. But that seems like something that would've been noticed long ago.

Edited by General Idiot