SEGS

Solarverse

Whatever happened to SEGS? Last I heard is that they were going to continue development using their own code because they felt there would be less of a chance that their game would be shut down since they did not use the original source code. They were also starting the game from scratch, meaning issue 1...I am assuming the way the game was back during issue 1? Doesn't matter. The point I am making is though, is that I cannot find anything from them that is even remotely updated. Does anyone know if they are still doing their thing? I for one was hoping so, would love to go back to this game's roots...those were the best of times for me. However, just because I can't find anything does not mean somebody out there has the scoop on this. Anyone?

Their Github (which actually has a lot of info/links)

Their Twitter

Their Youtube Channel

They do technically have a website, but I won't link to it because it fails authentication for safe passage. They do seem to post up randomly to Twitter more than anywhere else, the most active/current stuff on Github is about six months ago. It's pretty typical of them to not really say much of anything unless there's a significant update. They are technically on Issue 2 of the game at this point due to issues (files/bugs/reasons) with Issue 1/0.

As I recall the reason they targeted the beginning of the game was a bit more about the fact that some of those early releases actually contained source code in the install files which gave them insight for how to build the server side of things. I don't think they were "rebuilding" the game, but just trying to build enough of a server engine to take the game's client side content and execute it (so map instancing, NPC AI, attack functions, etc).

They did come out a year ago and say they were "still working" on SEGS, but they've also been "working" on it since 2012 and still haven't cracked it. I'd imagine there being raw access to the entire source code at this point kind of kills any steam they had left in their sails.

• Thanks 1