toggles and crowd control

tidespeaker

hi -

I'm having a bit of frustration on my rad/shields scrapper I'm leveling up, as some of my toggle powers are shut off when I'm hit by any sort of debilitating crowd control. My bio/spines tanker has more toggles than the scrapper, and has never suffered from this problem. So I am curious.

Why do some toggles get turned off by crowd control, and others do not? If I want to roll a new character that won't have this occur (as I find it extremely annoying), is there a way to tell from the power tags or description if the toggle is subject to this 'turn off' effect when I'm slept or held?

Thank you all in advance for responses!

I *believe* (from rusty memory) it's a question of offensive vs defensive toggles. If it's doing damage, -tohit, etc. it'll get detoggled.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

It sounds like your Active Defense mez protection is wearing off, thus leaving you open to being mezzed and having any toggles that affect enemies shut off.

Set AD to auto and make sure you have enough recharge in it to make it always on and your issue will go away.

Super Reflexes also has click mez protection and suffers the same issue.

Most armors have their mez protection in a toggle (or spread across toggles) as Bio does and thus don't have this issue.

9 minutes ago, tidespeaker said:

Why do some toggles get turned off by crowd control, and others do not?

It's been a decade since they changed toggle drop mechanics, but if I recall, the rule should be that if your toggle affects enemies, it drops, but if it only affects you and/or your teammates, it only suppresses.

Also, Shield Defense doesn't have toggle status protection.  It has to be clicked or set to auto (hold the Control key and click it).

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.