Hulking out?

Ultimo

So... I have been trying to create a character based on the Hulk (in game, he's the victim of a Superadine overdose, turning him into a kind of Mega-Troll).  Initially, I gave him Super Strength and Regeneration... but I found Regeneration to be REALLY lacking.  He was getting slaughtered by nearly anything he fought.  Commenting in the Help channel, I was told Regen was a weak set, so I tried Radiation Armour... but it has really ugly, glowy effects all the time.

So, is there a better choice?  I could just go to Invulnerability, but I was hoping to give him something based more in healing and recovery... something more like you would expect from Hulk.

Any thoughts?  How would you evaluate the secondaries for Brutes?

You can tint the bio armor stuff to look like grotesque skin toned mutations mutations too, which would be neat.  If you are not into the idea of the giant tumor-armor thing then WP is another excellent choice.  Both give a good feel for being rage based too.  The more enemies around you trying to hit you the angrier and deadlier you become.

• Like 2

Hm.  I believe I'll try out Willpower.  One of my Sentinels uses it, but it might be good for the Brute too.  That leaves just one question...

Hero or villain?

My first inclination is to make him a villain... the idea being that after being transformed into a rampaging Mega-Troll, he was being hunted by all the heroes of Paragon, and fled the city, ending up in the Rogue Isles... where he would be manipulated into doing the bidding of Arachnos.  He could then later transition to being a hero.

However, Redside is largely deserted.  I've never seen any indication of any grouping of any kind... no DFB, no taskforces, nothing.  Playing heroside would be preferable for social reasons... so I'm not sure which to do.

Edited by Ultimo

Due to the current state of SS, I would be tempted to go Savage even if thematically, SS works better. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 9/24/2020 at 4:38 AM, Ultimo said:

State of Super Strength?  To what are you referring, because I've always found Super Strength kind of underwhelming, and have been tinkering with an overhaul idea...

Rage fixes has made the set worse in the eyes of many. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 10/1/2020 at 10:30 AM, garvisdol73 said:

Bio armor has a minimal FX option as well.  It gets rid of the large sections of carapace armor.  You do still have a certain amount of particles though, and I think they can't be tinted either; they are sort of a sickly green/yellow/brown.

It can all be color corrected. Even the adaptations. You just need to go through each power to select the option.