Savage Melee question about non-critical attack

Aristoi

I am looking over previous topics about Savage Melee. I see that one attack does not crit but I am seeing that that attack is Shred in some posts and I am seeing that it is Hemorrhage in others.  Can anyone clue me in on which it is? Why does that one power not crit? Thank you.

Shred doesn't crit because it's crit function is missing. I don't remember if Hemo crits as it's been awhile and I'm getting the same conflicting posts about it as you are so I have to question myself 😩, but if Hemorrhage crits it would be at base damage + 3 of 5 stacks (this is something every attack with more than 3 DoTs does, Corruptor's Scourge is also affected by this iirc), so it completely disregards the extra DoT damage from 5 stacks Hemo. The rest I'll leave to this post by @Kaeladin on the HC Discord:

1392401948_Screenshot2020-09-21051248.thumb.png.744c293c7282313fc14ec77716150927.png

In addition to Savage Leap, the damage seems to cut off at between 0~5 ft or more than 88 ft teleports. I noticed it has wonky damage for every other AT at higher than default range.

Edited by Hopestar
  • Like 2

Shred does not crit for scrappers, but it's a bug that will be patched no later than page 6 (hopefully sooner).

Hemorrhage is complicated because so much of what gets discussed on it is the fact the Stalker version is so messed up (and is nothing like the versions other ATs get). For Stalkers it crits four DoTs in PvE but doesn't crit any in PvP. This is also a bug that will be fixed alongside Shred.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Thank you for your answers. That helps. This alt is my highest level scrapper yet. I have enjoyed playing him and wanted to build him as best I can once he hits 50 ( currently 48.5 ). I don’t much care if he’s the best scrapper. I just want him to be as good at Savage Melee as he can be. 

Very curious about this "Highest base ST DPS Rotation (outside of TW):" comment in that discord screen cap. Love my Sav/wp Brute, and he's definitely a high-recharge buzz-saw, but I'm not sure I see that porting over to a scrapper and becoming a ST damage outlier.

Anyone got more info on what they're on about?  I notice the comments are pretty specific to mention "base" dps, so there feels like more to the story here.  Like the set starts to lose ground due to the crit %'s mentioned later in the cap?

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.