What's the story with Contagious Confusion?

Vanden

8 hours ago, carroto said:

On the up-side, people also used to talk up Caltrops as well, and although I've had a number of toons with it, I never really used it much.  Now that I'm working it in more I'm seeing where the love comes from.  People also talked up procced up Caltrops.  It has a low proc rate, as all pseudo-pet AoEs do, but with enough procs in it, I get one now and then.  Since I'm using the power anyway, it's nice to get random hits of damage every so often.  It's a bit situational, but it's definitely growing on me.  So it's nice to have discovered something to enjoy in /Nin after finding BP to be such a dud.

I'm a fan of Caltrops, particularly because you can 'proc to taste'. Slowing enemies while driving them to scatter (instead of attacking) is effective enough (against most mobs) without hoping for extra %proc action!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, carroto said:

On the up-side, people also used to talk up Caltrops as well, and although I've had a number of toons with it, I never really used it much.  Now that I'm working it in more I'm seeing where the love comes from.  People also talked up procced up Caltrops.  It has a low proc rate, as all pseudo-pet AoEs do, but with enough procs in it, I get one now and then.  Since I'm using the power anyway, it's nice to get random hits of damage every so often.  It's a bit situational, but it's definitely growing on me.  So it's nice to have discovered something to enjoy in /Nin after finding BP to be such a dud.

Also seen this as people talk up caltrops as a "proc bomb".  My own experiences of trying that I found very disappointing.  For the results I've seen, I can usually find a much more useful place to use those slots.  I gave up and ended up only 2 slotting it on my illusion/traps with two damage/slows.

When I said up above that I thought Caltrops were better than Blinding Powder, I wasn't suggesting that anyone six-slot Caltrops.  In fact, I just have the base slot in mine, but it's better mitigation than six-slotted Blinding Powder, even so.  As for BP, I have often thought of switching it out for something else, but ultimately I'd only end up getting a pool power of marginal value.  And while I could use the slots elsewhere, I'd have to replace the 5% ranged defense and 10% recharge I'd be losing from Coercive Persuasion (along with 4% damage and 4% recovery), which would entail a more comprehensive rebuild than I deem worthwhile.

So yeah, I had high hopes for Blinding Powder but it's pretty bad except as a set mule--although in that regard it does shine.

Can't kill me, I'm zeroes and ones.

2 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Also seen this as people talk up caltrops as a "proc bomb".  My own experiences of trying that I found very disappointing.  For the results I've seen, I can usually find a much more useful place to use those slots.  I gave up and ended up only 2 slotting it on my illusion/traps with two damage/slows.

So Ragnarok chance for Knockdown and Annihilation - res are no good on Caltrops? I'm curious cause I have an Ill/Traps and I'm figuring out how to respec him to make him deadlier.

If anything is a good proc bomb I feel like its Controller Holds. I have two damage procs on and it feels like they always go off.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

On 11/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, Normal Thomas said:

So Ragnarok chance for Knockdown and Annihilation - res are no good on Caltrops?

I can't say about the Ragnarok proc, but I believe it has a high base chance, so it might be decent.  However I think the Annihilation has a lower chance to proc.  Couple that with the low proc rate for Caltrops and I'm guessing it won't fire off enough to be worthwhile.

On 11/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, Normal Thomas said:

If anything is a good proc bomb I feel like its Controller Holds. I have two damage procs on and it feels like they always go off.

Definitely.  I try to get some procs in the hold on my Controllers as soon as I can.  Really helps out their usually low damage.  Once I started doing this I regretted not doing it sooner.  Too much time wasted whittling down enemies.

• Thanks 1