De-catalyzing an ATO?

Heraclea

Making plans for the cashiering of an /electric blaster.  The character has both full sets of Blaster ATOs.  Was considering passing them along to a replacement blaster, when it dawned on me: those things are all catalyzed and therefore level 50 only.  They won't be available to the replacement character for some time.

I don't suppose that boosting them would remove them from the Superior category or would it?  Might not make them slottable early in any case.

I would strongly prefer to avoid the workaround of putting them on the AH, paying AH fees, and buying uncatalyzed replacements with the proceeds.  I suspect that the price of blaster specific enhancements will be tanking soon, and at any rate I do not trust inf to retain its value, and the AH is subject to a lot of randomness and manipulation.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Almost positive that once you catalyze AT IOs, that's it. Done deal. No way to revert them. Even if you bring the set up in Manage Enh screen, they're completely greyed out even if you have boosters and catalysts in inventory.

Bout the only thing you could do is covert them to other types of catalyzed AT IOs.

1 hour ago, Heraclea said:

I would strongly prefer to avoid the workaround of putting them on the AH, paying AH fees, and buying uncatalyzed replacements with the proceeds.  I suspect that the price of blaster specific enhancements will be tanking soon, and at any rate I do not trust inf to retain its value, and the AH is subject to a lot of randomness and manipulation.

Only partially tongue-in-cheek, but I'd be happy to trade you any regular ATO you want straight up for any Superior ATO you are trying to get rid of.  And I'll meet you in-game.

Who run Bartertown?

Even though I am aware of the AH cost differences between Superior ATOs and non-catalyzed ATOs, I've never quite been sure why this is the case... I understand the 'buy-it-now' desire, but... Even though Catalysts are not 'cheap' they are relatively easy to earn, either through:

• Playing a level 50 (one will typically drop every 24 hours with less than 1 hour of play)
  • Merit Vendors

(insert approximately one bajillion links to discussions about the different value(s) of merits and items on the marketplace)

2 hours ago, tidge said:

Even though I am aware of the AH cost differences between Superior ATOs and non-catalyzed ATOs, I've never quite been sure why this is the case... I understand the 'buy-it-now' desire, but... Even though Catalysts are not 'cheap' they are relatively easy to earn, either through:

• Playing a level 50 (one will typically drop every 24 hours with less than 1 hour of play)
  • Merit Vendors

(insert approximately one bajillion links to discussions about the different value(s) of merits and items on the marketplace)

I have a fairly large stockpile of catalysts on hand now4, so re-catalyzing them when the time comes will not be an issue. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291