Use Kallisti Warf to spruce up other zones

I have no idea the amount of work involved, it may be entirely impossible. I noticed on return to the game how dated some of the buildings look. I think in particular the outsides of the launch era hospitals. Since fleshing out Kallisti Warf may take years if its even worth the effort, maybe the Devs can borrow some assets from that zone to freshen up assets in other zones? Just swap building for building. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Galaxy Brain said:

even a few of the generic Praetorian Buildings would be nice here or there

Or take some of the buildings in First Ward, replace the grungy textures with cleaner ones, and use them to replace some of the generic Brutalist structures in other zones. Or, for some areas that are already grungy, like parts of Cap au Diable and Port Oakes, just drop them in as is.

24 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Or take some of the buildings in First Ward, replace the grungy textures with cleaner ones, and use them to replace some of the generic Brutalist structures in other zones. Or, for some areas that are already grungy, like parts of Cap au Diable and Port Oakes, just drop them in as is.

Kallisti Wharf does use some First Ward Buildings, namely the cleaner ones, actually. I get what you mean but if you look around First Ward and Praetoria proper, you'll actually see a number of building designs exclusive to one another but both find their way into Kallisti.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:17 AM, srmalloy said:

I like some of that brutalist architecture though... 🙄🙄

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

1 hour ago, Force Redux said:

I like some of that brutalist architecture though... 🙄🙄

That's why I said 'some'. Look at Imperial City in Praetoria; you see buildings that look like they were built across several different style periods -- older buildings torn down and replaced, or expanding the built-up area. Taking some of the buildings that are already in a zone and replacing them with a different style will freshen the zones' appearance. Not a wholesale revamp, just making some updates as if not all of the buildings damaged in the Rikti invasion were reconstructed exactly as they were.

4 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

That's why I said 'some'. Look at Imperial City in Praetoria; you see buildings that look like they were built across several different style periods -- older buildings torn down and replaced, or expanding the built-up area. Taking some of the buildings that are already in a zone and replacing them with a different style will freshen the zones' appearance. Not a wholesale revamp, just making some updates as if not all of the buildings damaged in the Rikti invasion were reconstructed exactly as they were.

Sorry if I missed that, I was reading quickly on my phone. I whole-heartedly approve of your statement. 

(I think the Cold War child in me loves the Brutalist stuff in a sadistic, meloncholy, nostalgic way.)

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds