Supergroup Bases: Teleport Points restricted by rank

AerialAssault

This came up in a discussion with some friends.

The idea is pretty simple; the teleport points (aleph, beth etc.) are able to be restricted so that only certain ranks can access certain points. By default, teleport points would be accessible by everyone, with restrictions applied on a case-by-case basis for Rank X or above (so, only X rank & above can access this point, and so on). This would mean that non-members cannot access any points that have any restrictions.

Whether that is actually doable, probably not! But that's what this forum is for, right?

• Like 4

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

I think you'd have to pair them, so someone couldn't say "OK, entrance to this room has no rank" but the exit is only accessible by one or two ranks - either intentionally or unintentionally. Granted, it would (potentially) be fixed by /stuck or just logging out, but still.

(Honestly, there are a *lot* of things with rank that need looking at in general.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I think you'd have to pair them, so someone couldn't say "OK, entrance to this room has no rank" but the exit is only accessible by one or two ranks - either intentionally or unintentionally. Granted, it would (potentially) be fixed by /stuck or just logging out, but still.

(Honestly, there are a *lot* of things with rank that need looking at in general.)

If it's anything, it's already possible to do something like this - you can teleport a player into the inside of a cage for example.

53 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I made a room in a base that you have to teleport into.

As you turn around the room, the writing is on the wall ...

CAN ->

YOU ->

ESCAPE ->

THE DEATHTRAP?

I ended up trying to put in a hidden way out, which I could only hide so much.

Originally, you would have to log out or use the base teleporter to get out of the room ... which was rapidly filling with water... or at least has water for a floor and massive amounts of water were being pumped into it. from high up on the walls.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Blackfeather said:

If it's anything, it's already possible to do something like this - you can teleport a player into the inside of a cage for example.

You used to be able to do this with the guard towers, too. Note they have back doors now. And the Pocket D cages should have openings.

Generally, doing this sort of thing is... *frowned upon* by GMs.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.