instant KB recovery (power or enhancement)

Umagon 23

I love been thrown around like a ragdoll. I think it's so amusing when I'm flung out of a fight, and have to run back in.  A lot of people slot to remove knockback, but I'd love the ability to simply make it recover faster. maybe on knockback, you hop up almost instantly. maybe you just land on your feet. I don't know. I like the idea of it

I wish agile powersets like super reflexes would include it in their defenses, and that either a pool or enhancement did this so I can keep being thrown out of fights without causing much of a slow down 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Break free, IO, IO bonuses, Acrobatics in Leap

I don't think the OP is looking to prevent himself from being knocked around as much as shorten the recovery time ... more like having a 'kip up" or instant stand sort of ability vs how your out of shape grandpa gets up after tripping over his grandson's toy truck at night.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Typo

Think the closest right now would be hover, rather than taking your time getting up you just flip around right side up again.

Not sure how adding a power would go for making you stand up faster (and I'm not sure it's actually possible with the physics engine ) but if it is possible, I'd say add the functionality to existing powers like SR agile, or other powers that suggest you have better reflexes/agility than normal.

mhmm I still want to go flying, but I don't want to take as long getting back into action.

I don't know if the game engine could handle it. it may just not have a "get up fast" animation 🙂the point is to keep the knocking back happening but to improve the recovery time for it.

My favored solution would be to just add that to existing powersets instead of whole new io's or powers.

49 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I don't think the OP is looking to prevent himself from being knocked around as much as shorten the recovery time ... more like having a 'kip up" or instant stand sort of ability vs how your out of shape grandpa gets up after tripping over his grandson's toy truck at night.

You don't need to recover if you don't fly back.  Most of the time 4 mag is all you need, 8 max.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

3 hours ago, Dragon Crush said:

Not sure how adding a power would go for making you stand up faster (and I'm not sure it's actually possible with the physics engine ) but if it is possible, I'd say add the functionality to existing powers like SR agile, or other powers that suggest you have better reflexes/agility than normal.

I don't remember the specific effects, but I've seen my character get knocked back a distance and remain standing; I think that this is what the OP is referring to -- something that doesn't affect your being knocked back, but makes you adept enough so that you retain your balance while being knocked back.

4 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

You don't need to recover if you don't fly back.  Most of the time 4 mag is all you need, 8 max.

I know, I followed you.  I was thinking Umagon was looking for something more ... theatrical.  The knock is fun for them.  They are looking for the ability to once the knock distance is covered to return to action promptly, with speed.  I'm thinking more like what you might see in some martial art movies.  I think @Dragon Crushis right though current coding might need reworking to accomplish that.

Maybe a target location bind for the new combat teleport move (forget what it's called) perhaps, though I'm think the knock animation has to play out for that also.

17 hours ago, Umagon 23 said:

I love been thrown around like a ragdoll. I think it's so amusing when I'm flung out of a fight, and have to run back in.  A lot of people slot to remove knockback, but I'd love the ability to simply make it recover faster. maybe on knockback, you hop up almost instantly. maybe you just land on your feet. I don't know. I like the idea of it

I wish agile powersets like super reflexes would include it in their defenses, and that either a pool or enhancement did this so I can keep being thrown out of fights without causing much of a slow down 🙂

Always felt the same.  I don't even mind the full effect if it'd just only happen rarely.  Once in a while it is fun to be knocked back, but in this game it tends to either never happen or is constantly happening and being chained knocked down/back is not fun.  Only thing I can think of is to give some enemies a rare chance for their knockback to have a big mag increase (kind of like a knockback crit).  But a lot of people will probably hate that idea. 😄

I understand this actually. Getting tossed isnt too bad.

Getting tossed 40-80 feet is another.

Getting tossed 40-80 feet, and then lay prone for several seconds until you finally get back up? EVEN WORSE.

I think it would be cool to see the suggestion actually work, but KB/KD is pretty much binary. I am not sure what drives recovery from prone status though, as some times I remain prone a LONG time (relatively), and others I am up and running.

KB without going prone could be really nifty!

1 hour ago, Hew said:

I understand this actually. Getting tossed isnt too bad.

Getting tossed 40-80 feet is another.

Getting tossed 40-80 feet, and then lay prone for several seconds until you finally get back up? EVEN WORSE.

I think it would be cool to see the suggestion actually work, but KB/KD is pretty much binary. I am not sure what drives recovery from prone status though, as some times I remain prone a LONG time (relatively), and others I am up and running.

KB without going prone could be really nifty!

mhm that's where I stand. it's really comic bookey being thrown around, but it's got a lot of time sunk into it. it would be really neat feeling to just hop up fast.

thanks for talking about it everyone! <3