Chat Menus failing with keyboard shortcuts

BillyMailman

I went to check which character someone was on, that I was chatting with in a global channel. I clicked their name, hit "Get Local Name", and got back:

[21:23]  
[21:23] Usage:get_local_name takes 1 args, you gave 0. 
[21:23] Get Server / Local Character name from globalname
[21:23]  get_local_name <string>

This persisted for every attempt I did, including for other people. I then manually ran /getlocalname THEIRGLOBALNAME, and it worked. And now, the click option's working, too. Not sure what caused it to break like that, but figured it's worth putting in the bug report, in case it happens to other people.

Edited by BillyMailman

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

• 2 weeks later

This keeps happening, but I have more info:

• As Hardship said, clicking the buttons works. So, if I click someone's global, then click "Get local name", it works. If I hit the 'G' shortcut, it doesn't.
  • It looks like it's basically every single command that comes up when clicking someone's name in chat, and it's just not filling in their name. Global and Local names work the same. So if I click someone's name, then hit 'M' for "Send <person> Message", it fills my chat box with "/t , " or "/t @, ", blanking out their name.
  • And yeah, it's everything. Add friend, Edit Note, Messages, Invites, etc.
  • Notably, right-clicking their actual character, everything works. Just names in chat are broken, and just when I use keyboard shortcuts on the resulting menu.
  • Thanks 1

Yet further updates: It's not even to do with using the keyboard shortcuts, it's just keyboard activity that breaks the open menu.

Specifically, if I let go of a key while the menu's up (say, to stop running), even clicking won't work. Ctrl, Shift, and even Tab are fine, but Alt isn't, and any letter key isn't.

Actually, it looks like maybe it's even more specific than that. Any of WASD break it on release. Which... those are the keys with ++forward or similar bound, so I think it's down to any key with an on-release bind breaking the menu when it gets release. But even keys that aren't bound (I checked, /showbind says "Nothing") don't work to actually press the shortcut key.