New effect for super strength.

captainstar

I wish.  That would be cool.  Not sure if it's possible with regard to the code, though. 

But if you REALLY want to wax dreamy over the unattainable, I wish we could throw people THROUGH walls, crack streets, collapse buildings, and cause all the destruction one might expect from a rampaging super brawl.  There would, of course, be NPC repair emergency/crews to fix the damage.  Also, perhaps new (or new applications for existing sets, like forcefield) powersets used only for repairing/preventing damage, protecting civilians, etc.

That would be tantamount to designing a completely new game, however, so I don't expect to ever see it.  Still... fun to imagine.  😁 

Just now, Troo said:

ya.. um.. don't forget, volunteer dev team.

While imagining things that almost certainly can't happen, imagine the dev team 20,000 volunteers strong while still being organised so they could work toward a cohesive vision instead of splintering off on 5,000 different projects.

I have a few vague ideas of how it might be possible to create the cratering effect on walls, but it involves tons of assumptions on how the graphics can be manipulated and would only result in the cracks being there for a few seconds before fading. So while it might be cool, I don't think it's feasible.

1 hour ago, captainstar said:

Well, I am not a programmer.

But isn't it just a case of giving our enemies the "power" to make a small hole in the ground, or in the wall, when they are hit by a strong punch?

Don't know about programming for CoH, but you would need a way to detect when they make contact with the wall/ground so the effect doesn't appear before they hit, detect direction of movement, force (tripping with dragon tail for example shouldn't cause craters). Suppose just doing something vs doing something that looks good and makes a degree of sense would be different levels of difficulty.

• Like 1

So I don't know how feasible "persistent" environmental damage is, although it's something I've always wanted to see a bit more of in COH; I haven't looked at the code or anything so I won't deign to speak for the devs, who have become intimately familiar with the spaghetti. However, I know there ARE powers, and even some movement auras, that affect the environment and have "crack the ground" effects. I'm thinking about how propel "throws" random things around, for example, or how various earth control/assault powers crack the ground. I wonder if those could be leveraged to at least achieve a temporary effect? Perhaps a "crack the wall" effect when enemies are thrown back into it? Or certain objects that get "propelled" when stricken? The effect might fade but it could lend some impactfulness to the attacks.

I dunno, just thinking 🙂

• Thanks 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)