Allow Long Range Teleporter to retain known supergroup bases

Lamia

Right now, its most convenient to use my old enterbasefrompasscode macros when next to a base teleporter, in order to get to my base or someone else's base that I have a macro for. One click, rather than one click+Your Base or one click+Fill Out The Passcode.

I would like the LRT to retain base passcodes, possibly allowing renaming so that Tropical-98237948298 becomes 'Bob's Tropical Island', for example.

This would be an improvement on the old very, very convenient enterbasefrompasscode and encourage roleplay and community by visiting bases that people work so hard on but rarely get seen because recording passcodes somewhere is annoying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

Right now, its most convenient to use my old enterbasefrompasscode macros when next to a base teleporter, in order to get to my base or someone else's base that I have a macro for. One click, rather than one click+Your Base or one click+Fill Out The Passcode.

I would like the LRT to retain base passcodes, possibly allowing renaming so that Tropical-98237948298 becomes 'Bob's Tropical Island', for example.

This would be an improvement on the old very, very convenient enterbasefrompasscode and encourage roleplay and community by visiting bases that people work so hard on but rarely get seen because recording passcodes somewhere is annoying.

You know that clicking LRT enables enterbasefrompasscode, right?  So you can now click LRT, then click your enterbase macro, and it will work (even if you are not near a portal).

• Like 1

This would actually be a very nice feature, but for a different reason. I'm friends with quite a few basebuilders on Excelsior, and I'm up to about 20 base macros stored on my trays (plus a few bound as hotkeys). A "little black book" of known bases would be quite nice, and would let us roll those macros into the Fast Travel menu (as if that wasn't nice enough, taking 6 teleport powers off our trays...)

• Thanks 1

I'm obviously very dense and should no longer be allowed to play this game...

Ever since the "enterbasefromcode" was added I've despised the fact that I couldn't just click on a base portal and skip having to click the My Base item. It never once occurred to me to set up a code for my own base and put it in a macro. Sheesh. Now I'm embarrassed.

(THANKS, @aethereal!)