Price of Rare Salvage dropped...?

naganrhys

Hey, I know I'm going to sound like an old geezer (which, IRL, I am) whose 401K just bottomed out, but this is meant as a fact-finding question, not a rant...

I logged into day and checked my Wentworth's listings, and none of my rare salvage has sold because the prices have dropped from ~450k - 500k to ~169K. (OK, I'll admit it: I'm silently raging 😄 )

Is this just the market forces at work, or is there some game change I am unaware of that might have (directly or indirectly) caused this circumstance? 

(It's just play money, it's just play money, it's just play money...)  🙂

Thanks for any insights, or general commentary and roasting!

EDIT: Fixed a couple typos -- I must really be upset!  🙂

Edited by naganrhys
Fixed a couple typo

People are buying winter packs while they are on sale.  Winter packs give Brain Storm tokens.  People are then using those Brain Storm tokens to obtain rare salvage, and are flooding the auction house with it at low prices.  The prices will start going back up to normal next month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

People are buying winter packs while they are on sale.  Winter packs give Brain Storm tokens.  People are then using those Brain Storm tokens to obtain rare salvage, and are flooding the auction house with it at low prices.  The prices will start going back up to normal next month.

Aha, that makes perfect sense -- thanks you!

• Like 2

This, and the new teleport and levelling taxes may also be having an influence, especially on players like myself who don't typically try to hold or accumulate inf. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

45 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Probably the Inf necessary to unlock the new Transit Powers.

The only new travel power that requires Inf is the new P2W Supergroup Portal.  (The equivalent can also be acquired for free via a Day Job accolade.)

Spending Inf on long range travel powers is not only not necessary, it's emphatically not a tax.  It's a choice.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)