Make MM upgrades permanent

xl8

2 hours ago, xl8 said:

I don't think MMs should have the endurance problem they do currently and the argument that pets don't need to be resummoned is obviously false. Solo an AV and find out the hard way.

"Solo an AV" is an edge case. It's like saying "Car tires shouldn't wear out as fast as they do. Run your car at 200mph on a track for 24 hours and find out the hard way."

Yes, some builds can. Yes, with IOs it's easier. But "Solo an AV" is not what masterminds, or any other AT, were designed around - so if it takes more to do so and you have to resummon more often? *No Kidding you have to.* Sky's blue and water's wet, too.*

Besides, you're throwing out moving targets. First, you're somehow still standing at the door in your first post, summoning and buffing, while the team's "halfway through the map," then you're resummoning apparently every single time you lose a T1, which is frankly not necessary, and now you're saying soloing AVs is the baseline for determining if something's a "chore" or not? Which is it? If you're soloing an AV, your team's not halfway across the map, and you're not standing at the doorway, after all (unless you're running off on your own, in which case, don't do that.)

Give us whatever scenario is really bugging you and stick with it, because right now it's not helping make your case at *all.*

*Edit: And I'm saying this as someone who accidentally soloed one (granted, just countess crey) on live with a thugs/poison. Yep, had to keep resummoning. Wasn't exactly a surprise.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 4

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

3 hours ago, xl8 said:

Toggles... I don't see the need apart from the draw aggro scenario, in which case dismiss or use, stay/go to. Just to clarify, I welcome more to do in terms of control and player dexterity, but not when it's a mindless chore.

Dismissing and resummoning is a bigger chore than putting equips on. Those are still one and done, and really aren't that bothersome compared to the activation time and endurance cost of resummoning your entire army to get past things. 

Pets right now automatically teleport to you after a certain distance, so no commands don't really address this issue. There was a proposal in galaxy and I's thread that would address this particular concern, but then there are still the others as well. A toggle would fix this issue immediately, and could cost some  tiny amount of endurance if people think it should. If it costs no endurance, then it would be functionally the same as being auto. Equips in middle of fight are apart of what balances MMs though, so neither may end up occurring regardless. I can't say I'm entirely on board myself. 

On 12/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, Monos King said:

Those are still one and done,

They're not.

I have several, but my main MM, a Demons/Cold, has 2 equips, 2 shields, and frostwork. Tack hellfire on to that on the first summon.

• 1 month later
On 12/10/2020 at 9:04 PM, MTeague said:

I guess I still remember CoV launch having to separately target and buff Every Stupid Henchman individually.

What we have now is So Much better than that, that I barely notice the casting of two buffs.

This is me. I don't care about this topic in the slightest personally because I am still however many years later thankful I do not have to individually buff 6 pets twice. 

• Like 2