New Incarnate Content

Astra1Defender

I have a question for the Devs.

I know that you guys have been working hard to give us all of the content you can, and have even added a brand new patch, but I was wondering if we can look forward to some new incarnate level gameplay in the future?

Do you guys plan on implementing your own interpretation of what Paragon had in mind for endgame stuff before NCSoft canned CoH? Are we going to be able to free Praetoria from the Hamidon? Will we ever get to face off against The Battallion? Will the Incarnate system get filled out? 0Is there any sort of demand for new stuff of this scale?

Thought I would throw this out there to see who bites as after a while of having multiple lvl 50s, the limited number of Incarnate Trials we can do starts to become apparent.

What do others think of this?

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/22534-game-balance-the-endgame/

The Homecoming Team implied in this thread that they want to first balance the game before approaching their plans for Endgame content, which likely include further development of the Incarnate stuff.

The following replies in the thread raise some excellent points and/or talk in circles to the point of pointlessness, depending on one's perspective.

• Like 2

I would actually really like to see more (or, actually, better) low level stuff. WHy?

When the game came back and I played the new Skulls missions for the first time, I was blown away. They are relatively low level, but still feel pretty epic and were very well done. I would love to see more of that and (much) less of the really old content that consists of "go here and defeat 10 Hellions, then go there and defeat 20 Hellions."

It just might make the lower level stuff engaging enough that people won't PL to 20+ before starting to actually play.

I can wait for more Incarnate slots and such. The game is already easy enough without adding more power to my demi-gods.

• Like 9

Seconding Arnabas here.  I'm currently solo leveling a stalker by playing through red side (my true home here!) and taking my own sweet time to sight-see and revisit old haunts, as well as to run some content not just steamroll through radios, and what I've seen so far has been pretty entertaining!  Additionally, the pressure to make

THE NEXT INCARNATE THINGY!!!!!111!!

is going to be high, whereas dropping some new stuff say around level 25 won't be at all; all sorts of complainers will crawl from the woodwork when that time comes,but not for level 25 stuff.  But I too would like some new stuff under the Incarnate umbrella to get frustrated with.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Adding a 50+ version of ITF (all team members must be 50 possibly?) that goes higher than 50+4?  That is a regular among hard core late game players.  I run it every couple days at least on my 50.  Drops/merits/etc.  Last night there were 4-5 incarnates and a few lower.  We melted the thing.  Rom gave up before his 3rd kill and awarded "Mission Complete" which was funny as hell.  We killed him and finished towers, but he knows how to concede.

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Rom gave up before his 3rd kill and awarded "Mission Complete" which was funny as hell.

He consumes a nictus AV crystals each time he resurrects.  Your team must have destroyed them before he could use them all