The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Request: Option to reject prestige sprints

Zepp

When I just came to HC, I used to start off every character by the same process.

• Organize the HuD and choose a color that matches the toon
  • Switch out my origin attack for throwing knives
  • Pick up Sands of Mu, Nemesis Staff (non-Origin), & Blackwand (Origin)
  • Pick Ninja or Beast Run
  • Pick a Combat-Buff Pet
  • Get Inner Inspiration
  • Earn 3.1mil through marketeering
  • Buy Reveal, Rez, Random Mutation, & Mystic Fortune

Now, I am looking back and realizing that I can reject Throwing Knives, Sands of Mu, Nemesis Staff (non-Origin), Blackwand (Origin), & the Combat Buff Pet to clean up my powers bank, but I can't get rid of Prestige Sprints. I understand they are a package deal, so being able to keep one and dump the rest may be too much to ask, but it would be nice to be able to get rid of them on toons that don't use them.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I think the reason you can remove powers like buff pets and travel powers is because you are given a choice from a selection, and can opt to swap them out for another if you wish.

With prestige sprints you get the full package instead of a set of options, and therefore nothing to swap around, so the idea of trading them back to the vendor was likely seen as pointless.

That, and the fact you can slot prestige sprints, which is unique to these prestige powers only. It may be a safety feature so that you don't accidentally remove the powers and lose your enhancements, or maybe it's just not possible to remove slottable powers without a respec mechanic.

I don't know what they could do to fix it for people with the powers already, but they could always make it so you can purchase the powers individually in future maybe.

20 hours ago, Zepp said:

Now, I am looking back and realizing that I can reject Throwing Knives, Sands of Mu, Nemesis Staff (non-Origin), Blackwand (Origin), & the Combat Buff Pet to clean up my powers bank, but I can't get rid of Prestige Sprints. I understand they are a package deal, so being able to keep one and dump the rest may be too much to ask, but it would be nice to be able to get rid of them on toons that don't use them.

The difference is that the sprints are slottable.   Either there would need to be a mechanic that would spit the IOs back out into the Enhancement tray, or a mechanic that would check if the sprints were slotted before allowing them to be removed, or GMs would need to field the support requests from players who just realised that they trashed their stealth IO.  That's all work for someone.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I understand the issue of rejecting abilities with slots (perhaps this may require a special warning, or enhancement removal mechanic). However, because the process of power removal is sufficiently intentionalized, it is unlikely that many people will accidentally remove slotted powers, so even without an added mechanic it is not likely to cause that many support requests.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 12/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, Tyrannical said:

they can

They can, AND they are now customizable. Surge and Rush in particular look freakin' *fantastic* with the right colors. Rush in particular can make for a really neat-looking trail effect to match your powers. Combine with Ninja/Beast/Athletic run for a free travel power that can be very fully customized in appearance.