Fix Pantheon Spirit Mask Click Surface

MsSmart

Hi:

I am sure when you are going for the 200 kill Pantheon spirit masks, you may have noticed that targeting the mask from its front is extremely difficult, the are to click is really tiny, but if you try from it's side, the area is quite wide. It appears to me, that the click area is off by 90 degrees, the actual front of the mask is at it's side, and the side area is at it's front. Can you all fix this so the front's clickable area is the wider area.

Thank you

Sue

While they're at it, fixing the click zone on the gate police would be nice. Depending on your distance and angle, you're always poking them right in the junk... sooner or later they're going to get all beatdown on us.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I'm going to have to go look at some masks, I don't remember this - but that doesn't mean it's not the case. (Or that I also just use tab to target them. *shrug*)

Edit: Are these normal or Incarnate level masks? Because I just hopped into DA and the mask was pretty uniform. The totems have a "wide" and "narrow" aspect, but the wide seemed to match their wider front, too.

Edit 2: Never mind, I see what you mean. The target box is wide enough when clicked, but it doesn't show up except for a narrow-ish strip down the center to click on.... though that seems to be hit ormiss, other times it shows up as clickable over the entire width of the mask. Odd.

Edit 3: OK. I see what it is that's making that behaviour odd. If you're treating the *mask* as the object? Yeah. Go across the forehead looking straight (or up) at it, it won't click, but the middle will. If you treat the (usually) glowy bit at the *back* as what you're targeting, you can get the full "width." Glowy bit's the body, not the mask.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I badge-hunted masks over in the corner cemetery of DA back on Live, session after session (they seem to spawn less and less frequently as you hunt, so you have to log and/or come back another day)... and yes, I remember them being oddly difficult to click. Targeting binds help a lot. But there is something odd about their click envelope.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Bit of an illustration - helping explain why this probably isn't a "bug," per se:

Mask target 1.png

Now, this is from the side, so you're probably clicking on the big glowy ball of evil since it's more obvious, but this works from the front as well (since the mask "bobs" above and below the ball - you can see it sort of below in the picture.) Moving my mouse over this from the side, in the areas highlighted in yellow, it didn't trigger the targeting box at all, even though there were mask bits there. (Forehead and chin.) Managed to do the same from the front when it woudl bob high enough - I just didn't get the screenshot there. (Plus it's a little easier to illustrate from the side, since there's a distinct separation between "evil spirit ball" and "floaty mask part."

I don't know *how* they'd make the whole thing targetable, and there are probably other examples (guns, probably) for other enemies that just aren't as noticable (since for a person you'd usually click on the person themselves, not some odd floaty bit to the side.)

Edited by Greycat
Moved picture where it belonged.
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.