A Cell Phone Call Overheard....

Colette Valiant

G’morning. Can I talk to Saul Rubinstein, please?

It’s Trina.

…Ascendette.

https://imgur.com/a/sCJe51L

No, that’s as in E-T-T-E. The female one.

Yes, thanks. I’ll hold.

Oh hey Unca’ Saul, it’s Trina. Yeah, the super powers look to be doin’ alright. I guess me getting’ caught in that big ol’ pile of Xenonite turned out for the best.

Well, I wanted to talk to you about the costume. No, the material’s fine. Sure, I appreciate it. Will you— will you just listen to me?!

Thank you. Okay, there just ain’t enough of it. Well from the front it’s kinda cute, though it looks like a swimsuit. But from the back—

Yes, I’m sayin’ we gotta change it. I don’t care whatcha focus group said. Your focus group was a bunch of online guys!

Action figures? Posters? Yeah, the merch, I get it. But we still gotta change up the supersuit.

https://imgur.com/a/rchAru8

Because you can see all the way from Cleveland to Pittsburgh in this thing, that’s why! I ain’t wearin’ a thong around in public.

…Whaddaya mean look at the fine print on page thirteen…?

from Cleveland to Pittsburgh

((Now I've never heard that expression, so I may be wrong, but it strikes me as though that probably means 'bare chest'? As in 'cle(a)v(ag)eland to (arm)Pittsburgh? Again, could be wrong, because it's a new one on me either way, and no offense/snark intended whether I'm right or wrong, just trying to correct whichever one of us has the wrong of it.))

Awesome. I am sad to hear about ascendant. He was funny I got to catch him in one of his classic rants with Saul.  So if you are taking the mantel. Does that mean we get to see your a-hole play set too....  Hahahaha. I am kidding. But At the time it was some of the funniest... think I caught 2 or 3 of his rants... pure gold. A credit to the pure imagination this game brought out in people.

This is great!  I just did a phone call rant to one of my contacts last night near Blue Steel and then another outside City Hall in Atlas when something didn't work out.  I was thinking of the same legendary RP I stumbled on so many years ago. 

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." ~Jack Burton~

• 4 weeks later

Something Happened to Ascendant?  Sorry to hear this he was a great guy, used to love to tank with him.  We were twins in builds and close in back story, but could never match storytelling

The first Jack Wolfe (no matter what the poser in city hall says)

Something Happened to Ascendant?

Sadly he passed away a few years ago.

His memorial NPC is in Steel Canyon on the other side of the statue from Positron. By the phone booth.

He's a combat NPC.  I make it a habit to pull a few mobs to him everytime I run through that area, just so he gets to keep on saving the city.

There are few other memorial NPCs that were placed around the City by the SCORE folks.

• 2 weeks later