Poll: Would you like a redesign of the Combo Level Buttons in Mids (Applies to Street Justice, Staff Fighting and Water Blast only)

Bopper

Would you like a redesign of the Combo Level Buttons in Mids (Applies to Street Justice, Staff Fighting and Water Blast only)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to keep Combo Level system the same or change it?

• Keep the same: Use 3 Combo Buttons that represent Combo_1, Combo_2, and Combo_3 (Combo_0 when all are off)
    • Change: Use 1 Combo Button and use a Slider that represents Combos 0 through 3

All, I have received a Mids Reborn suggestion that I am strongly considering but this should go through a Community vote as it has impacts on Quality of Life.

Currently there are three powersets that use the Combo_Level system (1, 2, and 3): Street Justice, Staff Fighting, and Water Blast. This system takes up 3 power slots in your Inherent grid which is already stuffed with a lot of powers. I could change this to one power slot and introduce a slider that lets you select your combo between 0 and 3.

However, this consolidation does come at a price to quality of life. If you wanted to see the impacts of changing Combo Levels for a power currently, you would select that power and lock it in (right-click mouse to lock), then you can choose any Combo Level by clicking on its button. Very simple, very fast. It takes 4 button clicks to see all 4 combo levels (0-3).

By doing this same action with a single button and slider, it's not so fast. You have to manually select between your power of interest and the combo level (as the slider is stored in the info panel of the combo button). So seeing all 4 combo levels, you would have to do 10 button clicks: Click Power (see level at 0), Click Combo, Set Combo to 1 on slider, Click Power (see level at 1), Click Combo, Set Combo to 2 on slider, Click Power (see level at 2), Click Combo, Set Combo to 3 on slider, Click Power (see level at 3). Not as simple, much slower, but it's all handled by one button instead of three buttons.

Please vote on what you would prefer.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Here is a screenshot so folks can see what the two options can look like. You'll see the 3 Combo Buttons, but I also added the Slider to Combo_1 just to give an example of how it would look if we changed it to just one button (I would add a description to help folks understand it).

image.thumb.png.3891f4b3f3e974609d805247c463ef33.png

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

My SJ/WP scrapper doesn't have any trouble managing the attack power chains for combos. Not really sure what you're asking except to essentially remove Combo "builders" so that you can always do a buffed hit with the finishing power.

Not on board with that kind of thinking. If you don't want to play combo powers, don't play combo powers. *shrug*.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

6 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

My SJ/WP scrapper doesn't have any trouble managing the attack power chains for combos. Not really sure what you're asking except to essentially remove Combo "builders" so that you can always do a buffed hit with the finishing power.

Not on board with that kind of thinking. If you don't want to play combo powers, don't play combo powers. *shrug*.

No, this is about a UI change. Currently there are 3 Combo Buttons that are created when you take a SJ/Staff/Water powerset. My screenshot above is bland and it may not look like a big deal, but when folks start gaining other powers that populate the Inherent area (like incarnates, temp powers, etc), it can become quite cluttered. So it was requested to change it so there would only be 1 combo button to minimize that clutter.

Also, in case this is a source of confusion, I'm only talking about the UI of the Mids Reborn program. This has nothing to do with the game itself.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

So there are three powers, each of which will take a combo buff and let you choose which buffed attack you want. I go back and forth between two, depending on the mob situation.

So there should be only one Finisher? You can accomplish that by leaving whichever Finish power you don't want to use out of the tray. Also, binds. I fire most major powers (Finisher, Assassin snipe, etc.) with a bind anyway.

Power control, especially for higher-level melee types, should use a combination of tray icons, macros and binds. No one does the job alone.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

4 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

So there are three powers, each of which will take a combo buff and let you choose which buffed attack you want. I go back and forth between two, depending on the mob situation.

So there should be only one Finisher? You can accomplish that by leaving whichever Finish power you don't want to use out of the tray. Also, binds. I fire most major powers (Finisher, Assassin snipe, etc.) with a bind anyway.

Power control, especially for higher-level melee types, should use a combination of tray icons, macros and binds. No one does the job alone.

We're not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the Mids Reborn program...that's the program people use to design character builds they want to make in CoH. I am polling the community to ask for their opinion on how we show the Combo Level buttons in that program (refer to my screeshot I provided above). I am not asking the community to change these powersets in the CoH game.

Edited by Bopper

Side suggestion but could there be a side window for stuff that scales.  So if you want to check a possible attack on brutes, you don't have to right click to hold furry, slide the bar up, then go right click the attack.  Things like PBAoE hits like endurance drain to buff, regen, +DMG like dark armor or resist (I forget). 

Kind of a hassle to select a power with right click on something then go back to the power description/effect window, scale it, then go back to what ever else you wanted to check.  Side window that is for scales only would make things easier since you can just reference instead of selecting 2 powers.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

We're not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the Mids Reborn program...

Ah.

Other than MIDS in your subject, it's a bit unclear that was your focus. 🙂

• Sad 1