Ice/Martial?

Generator

I am returning to the game after a break and had a concept for this combo as well. I am very informed about Ice but I have never used Martial so I have a few questions. How does Burst of speed get slotted,  with procs or a set? Do you toggle off reaction time to get a bump to recharge or just leave it on? As a sustain it does not ever get toggled off by itself correct ie run out of end, mezzed etc? TY

3 hours ago, Nafsmar said:

I am returning to the game after a break and had a concept for this combo as well. I am very informed about Ice but I have never used Martial so I have a few questions. How does Burst of speed get slotted,  with procs or a set? Do you toggle off reaction time to get a bump to recharge or just leave it on? As a sustain it does not ever get toggled off by itself correct ie run out of end, mezzed etc? TY

Well, the slotting of Burst of speed depends on the build, I sometimes proc it and some other times put a full set. In the particular case of my Ice/MC, I used 3 x Eradication + 3 x dmg procs which is effectively 4 procs since one of the Eradication IO's was the nrg dmg proc. The new Mid's shows now on each power the chance for procs equipped on a power to fire off so in case of doubt, you can check the % of the procs firing off to help you decide how to slot. Regarding Reaction Time, I usually leave it on, should prolly benefit toggling it off occasionally for the burst but tbh, I'm usually too busy with the pew pew and giggles to pay attention to that

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

7 hours ago, Nightmarer said:

Regarding Reaction Time, I usually leave it on, should prolly benefit toggling it off occasionally for the burst but tbh, I'm usually too busy with the pew pew and giggles to pay attention to that

Thanks, that's kind of how I figured that goes.  On my Blasters, I favor the Sustain options that are "set it and forget it".

• Like 1

I thought that @Boppertested Burst of Speed, and found that it activates procs based on a 10 second recharge, which means it has a much lower chance to activate than shown in Mids. I go with a full set to get some defensive bonuses.

Edited by Coyote

15 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I thought that @Boppertested Burst of Speed, and found that it activates procs based on a 10 second recharge, which means it has a much lower chance to activate than shown in Mids. I go with a full set to get some defensive bonuses.

And that just made me a sad panda because now I have shitload of builds to review :(

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it's necessary... otherwise we would get a 90% chance on the procs, but get to activate them 3x in a row. It would do more damage with 3 activations than a nuke, and have a 90 second recharge, too. The fair thing would be to have it calculate on a 30 second recharge, but it would probably require special coding just for the one power. So instead, it's like some other tele-nukes like Lightning Rod, where a pseudo-pet is used for damage, and therefore uses a 10 second period instead of Recharge.

14 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it's necessary... otherwise we would get a 90% chance on the procs, but get to activate them 3x in a row.

That makes sense. Do you happen to know roughly which % are we talking about instead of 90%? 30%? 40%?

I looked hard at ice/martial before building my water/martial.  I chose water because it actually does more "slowing" attacks then ice which I wanted to stack with Reaction Time's PBAoE effect.  Plus water has a self heal.  I really enjoyed leveling up the water/martial blaster.  Along with the slows, it also has a lot of synergies from so many knock downs and knockbacks.  It was a surprisingly strong toon for soloing because I things just weren't hitting me through all the soft controls. 

Ice does have superior damage and good hard controls, so it's a good pair with anything.

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow