Nekkid shaman!

RikOz

Banished Pantheon shaman appear naked when seen through the sliding glass doors in office maps:

nekkidshaman.jpg.df99b7e76f341384c1d73a954bd3fa34.jpg

Terrifying! Their garments reappear once the door is opened.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Lead Game Master

Pretty sure this falls under the "it's a feature not a bug" category :classic_tongue:

Jokes aside, this seems to be part of a known issue with rendering transparencies: An object with transparency will fail to render when viewed through another transparent layer (another example: certain capes -ones that are a different shape or have holes- when submerged in water). Clearly, BP models make a lot of use out of items with transparency. Kinda surprised he doesn't even have a loincloth painted on, though.

Thanks for the report! To anyone else viewing this thread: Go ahead and make your, ahem, cracks, just keep it PG-13, ok? :classic_wink:

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

It's also common for the "ID photo" of contacts and the like to be missing hair, helmets, goggles etc. Not sure what amusing technical flaw causes that.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

...and in other hilarity, I went from this to a BP mission... with a nekkid shaman on the other side of a glass door. Maybe it's a new cult-within-a-cult?

Maybe we can hope the Carnival lassies pick up the belief? 😄

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

6 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Pretty sure this falls under the "it's a feature not a bug" category :classic_tongue:

Jokes aside, this seems to be part of a known issue with rendering transparencies: An object with transparency will fail to render when viewed through another transparent layer (another example: certain capes -ones that are a different shape or have holes- when submerged in water). Clearly, BP models make a lot of use out of items with transparency. Kinda surprised he doesn't even have a loincloth painted on, though.

Thanks for the report! To anyone else viewing this thread: Go ahead and make your, ahem, cracks, just keep it PG-13, ok? :classic_wink:

Yeah, I've noticed some odd effects when my character is stealthed, and passes in front of one of those decorative water fountains. Within the outline of my character, the water vanishes and I can clearly see what's behind the water - like the wall of the building behind it.

4 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

It's also common for the "ID photo" of contacts and the like to be missing hair, helmets, goggles etc. Not sure what amusing technical flaw causes that.

I've noticed this specifically with redside Circle of Thorns/ex-CoT contacts that use the "Mage" model. Their portraits often appear completely headless. My best guess at those is that, due to the high collars on those Mage robes, they had to separate the head from the body model and raise it up a bit so that it's visible above the collar. But the code that displays the portrait in the window doesn't account for that separation, takes a snapshot of the body model from the shoulders up, and since the head isn't actually attached, it doesn't appear.

7 minutes ago, RikOz said:

But the code that displays the portrait in the window doesn't account for that separation, takes a snapshot of the body model from the shoulders up, and since the head isn't actually attached, it doesn't appear.

"Some days, Tielekku, I think I'd lose my head if it wasn't bolted on!"

I also see bald/hollow-head images of contacts with odd hair or hats, like Long Jack.

15 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

I'm more worried about how you posed the two of them with your angle when you took the snapshot there, @RikOz.

I case you hadn't noticed, Lieutenant mobs are always standing behind the Minions! :D

Actually, that was the best angle I could get without opening the door.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:22 AM, GM Impervium said:

Jokes aside, this seems to be part of a known issue with rendering transparencies: An object with transparency will fail to render when viewed through another transparent layer

This has amusing effects if your character has Invisibility running; looking through your character causes any number of visual effects to disappear.

2 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

Don’t know if it’s related or not, but if you’re wearing long pants and sneakers and are stealthed, you can see the white socks through the pants. You can’t see the socks when not stealthed. 

Add a red neck and Blue Ribbon beer, and you're all set to go with a Johnny Russell toon!