Screen issue

Morik

The lower left quadrant of my screen is brighter than the rest (actually, the rest is probably too dim). This just happened recently, though I've not been logged in on this computer for a few months. The attached screenshot should show this pretty clearly. I have the latest graphics drivers and I have rebooted (both before and after downloading new drivers).

Note: I just switched from Tequila to the new launcher. I have not gone back and tried loading through Tequila (I deleted it).

screenshot_210128-23-25-43.jpg

I noticed this as well yesterday after loading the latest NVIDIA driver. I lowered the gamma setting a bit, and raised my monitor brightness to compensate. I ended up abandoning an Oranbega arc that became almost unplayable due to the difference. ;/ (old eyes)

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I'd suggest trying the previous drivers and seeing if the issue "fixes" itself. Hopefully NVidia doesn't break things on us, but it's not like you can't stay on a certain driver (unless it causes other system/app issues).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 1 month later

Fixed it (until I relog). I changed the Shadow Quality and it fixed it. I changed the Shadow Quality back to where I had it and it remained fixed. Unfortunately, I have to fix this (by changing Shadow Quality) every time I log in. So, easy workaround. Just a bit annoying. If anyone can come up with a permanent fix, let me know.

22 hours ago, Morik said:

Fixed it (until I relog). I changed the Shadow Quality and it fixed it. I changed the Shadow Quality back to where I had it and it remained fixed. Unfortunately, I have to fix this (by changing Shadow Quality) every time I log in. So, easy workaround. Just a bit annoying. If anyone can come up with a permanent fix, let me know.

You shouldn't have to change that Every time. What's the path that this is installed into?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)