Incarnate squishies, do you autofire Clarion or Hasten?

cohRock

On 1/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, Placta said:

I have rotating binds to autofire Clarion, Hasten, Aim, Build Up, and Hybrid. Planning to add Call to Justice at some point.

Curious as to how you structure these. Isn't a "rotating bind" just a click of the powers? How does assigning autofire change the process?

Also, I tend to run at lower levels, but I've all but stopped taking Hasten. It can't be made perma any more with SOs; not sure how many IOs and sets it takes to get there. Besides taking the other SS pool (Experimentation?), I can usually find a better power choice. When I do have it, I don't use autofire, preferring to hit it just before a big scrap.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

30 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Curious as to how you structure these. Isn't a "rotating bind" just a click of the powers? How does assigning autofire change the process?

1.txt: W "+forward$$powexecunqueue$$powexecauto Build Up$$bindloadfilesilent 2.txt"

2.txt: W "+forward$$powexecunqueue$$powexecauto Hasten$$bindloadfilesilent 3.txt"

3.txt: W "+forward$$powexecunqueue$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent 4.txt"

4.txt: W "+forward$$powexectoggleon Assault Core Embodiment$$bindloadfilesilent 5.txt"

5.txt: W "+forward$$powexecunqueue$$powexecauto Aim$$bindloadfilesilent 1.txt"

• Thanks 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Okay, that approach. Nifty implementation! 👍

It works, but I've seen problems. For one thing, I'm surprised you don't see latching of the +forward command; that damned parsing bug does not like combining + commands with any others and often reads them as ++ (latch on or toggle).

Also, at various times I've experimented with it, powers would not accept an auto assignment and/or fire until the last auto power had expired. I'll have to go tinker with the current situation.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I'll have to go tinker with the current situation.

And gosharoonie, it does. Section added to the Guide (2.9).

Thanks, Placta!

I have a few thoughts. 

Squishy. It's the wrong word. Blasters, Corruptors, Defenders, Dominators, Controllers, MMs...these are not "Squishy", nor are they collectively "squishies". If your character is "squishy", it's because of the way you made it. My blasters, corruptors, defenders, etc - they're not squishy. 

With a blaster, there's no such thing as mez. You can still attack while mezzed. And, with proper slotting, the mez doesn't last very long at all. Same with Corruptors, Defenders, MM's & Controllers. They have buffs that can decrease the time spent mezzed. It's really a non-issue, at least in the higher levels in most circumstances. 

That said, there are circumstances where it can be troublesome. The aforementioned MSR. In these cases, there's so many buffs going on, that Hasten would be better autofired, because it would recharge sooner than Clarion, and Clarion will break a mez if one happens and you forgot to use it. But barrier is probably better, because it would prevent you from getting hit by the mez attack, particularly if it's stacked every 30 seconds with other barriers. But that's just my .02. 

It's also quite useful in the Underground trial, with the Olympic Guard stuns and the intermittent confuse in the final fight. Other than those situations, I don't even have it slotted. There's just no real need for it in my experience. 

Even if you have 130% defense to everything, there will still always be a five percent chance of getting hit.  That's why IMO Clarion is better than Barrier for mez protection.  It's the only guaranteed way to prevent and/or break out of it as far as Destinies are concerned.

It's also useful in BAF Trial because prisoners can (and do) confuse, and in the Minds of Mayhem Trial because you can get confused there as well.