Force Feedback and permadom

Black Zot

Or perma-anything really, but I'm fiddling around with Dominator builds right now. 

How reliable is the Force Feedback proc, and where are good places to slot it (in general)? Trying to parse Mids to figure out what impact a temporary +rech buff has is a recipe for headaches - at least for me.

Honestly for a Domi, I would build for Permadoms without consideration of a FF proc, you want Perma Dom reliably being ready to not drop Dom.

That said, if you have an extra slot and drop one if after you're already Perma it's not going to hurt you, but will give you a little more cushion.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 1

I agree that FF proc should not be used to hit permadom numbers. However increasing your recharge while in combat does have good benefits for a dominator, the more you are under forcefeedback, the faster your domination click recharges, which is a full endurance refill and effectively increases your end/sec. For dominators the FF proc can be considered as a recovery proc as well for this reason.

It also increases the recharge on some of your longer recharging control powers, that allow you to engage the next spawn sooner and more safely, such as Seeds of Confusion, Flashfire/Cinders, Stalagmites/EQ/Volc Gasses, Wormhole, Total Domination/Mass Confusion, Glacier, etc. Also great for a faster recharging Sleet from Ice Ancillary, which improves team damage significantly. Earth, Energy, and Thorny Assault generally have the most opportunities to make strong usage of the proc. 

Currently on fire.

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

where are good places to slot it (in general)

AoE powers and longer-recharge powers. Energy Assault with one in Power Burst and one in the Snipe can have it up a good amount of the time when using a single-target rotation.

Earth Assault is very good, with two AoEs that can proc it, as well as putting it in one or both of the hammers and/or Hurl Boulder.

Martial and Thorny Assaults also have options for it, with Thorny having both a melee cone and a ranged attack with it, while Martial has two melee AoEs that can slot it.

In the long run, you don't want to depend on it, but if you're not powerleveling the character, using it in the mid-late 20s up until you get perma-Dom without it can get you to run as a perma-Dom only while actively fighting, but that's still better than not having perma-Dom. Especially as a Villain since you can use the Alignment power to bootstrap Domination at the start of a mission, hammer through it with constant fighting, and then if it drops between missions the Alignment power will be recharged for the next one.

Edited by Coyote
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Black Zot said:

All very handy.

Also gratifying that my intended character concept (X/Earth/Ice, not sure on primary yet) can make good use of the proc without "needing" it, which is what I was hoping for.

Plant/Earth/Ice is pretty epic. The forcefeedback procs will help you recharge seeds of confusion, carrion creepers, and sleet. Sleet also has very good synergy with SoC increasing the likelihood that enemies will actually hit each other and the damage they take from confusion, as well as increasing all the proc damage they take from 6 procs creepers.

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

As the others are mentioning you don't want your perma to be reliant on a gimmick procing.  Sure if you'd like to slot it in extra as a bonus on top of your already perma that'd be fine, typically though once I've got my recharge sorted out the damage procs seem to be most valuable to me.  Aim for 90% recharge + hasten then build in other things like defense and hp is how I approach building my doms.

In Bonfire or Earthquake you can expect the proc to fire 90% of the time, so there's that. Wormhole too, if used on a big enough group. (Ice Slick has a 0% chance to proc because it cant slot it).

It also has good chances to fire in the APP powers Psionic Tornado and Energy Torrent but I haven't measured specifically how likely it is to fire.

It fires 90% of the time in Water Spout but that power may not recharge fast enough to justify slotting it. There seems to be some debate about best practice.