Clarification on Catalysts

The_Warpact

Is it my understanding that purple and pvp IOs don't need catalysts to be effective on lower lvl content?

Say I use a lvl 50 build with all IOs with catalysts except the purps/pvp and I run a Posi TF, are they effective at the level if they don't have catalysts?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

5 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

You don’t want to actually attune them (in general) because that prevents you from Boosting them

As I only learned after attuning a purple set on my main. Fortunately, I learned this fact in time to avoid the same mistake with my other purple sets.

For non-purple sets, as I understand it, attuning the one with just a proc is not necessary?

4 hours ago, RikOz said:

As I only learned after attuning a purple set on my main. Fortunately, I learned this fact in time to avoid the same mistake with my other purple sets.

For non-purple sets, as I understand it, attuning the one with just a proc is not necessary?

As long as you get the lowest level available Proc.  Steadfast Protection +3%, buy it at level 10 for instance.

16 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Not technically necessary perhaps, but I can't stand to look at five round IOs and one hexagonal one.  So I attune everything.

ORDER must absolutely be brought to this imperfect world.

Remember only Sith deal in absolutes.😉

• Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.