Ebil Friday the 13th - "Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today."

Ura Hero

The past year has certainly felt like Groundhog day, at least to me.  Working from home has it's benefits, but at times I miss the office.  Not the commute, but seeing coworkers that I like.

What does this have to do with Ebil Marketing?  Not much except for doing the same thing over and over again to make influence.  I got tired of my usual efforts and set out to explore new boundaries.  Without giving away too much, I decided to do a buy low, sell slightly higher strategy.  It worked exceedingly well.  So well that I am taking a break from marketing since I have my current needs met.  I'm not going anywhere, just not playing the market for a while.  Next time I need buckets of influence I know where I will start my efforts.

How are things going for you in Game and out?  Did you find a super niche that is doing you good?  Or did you get into the Gamestop debacle in Real Life?  Or possibly invest in Dogecoin?  Myself I skipped Gamestop, it seemed too risky.  I did dabble in Doge and made a little money before it started goin back down.

Edited by Ura Hero

Well, Winterpacks are creeping back up to 20m already, so I cashed in a few of those. Seems a bit too soon, but if its what people are willing to pay, then so be it!

Also been slowly trading in thousands of merits worth of unslotters and converters. Don't want to flood the market and drive down my own profit, afterall (though it is tempting to try to fill every bid and bottom out the price, even if that would only last for a few minutes)

Also, today is only the 12th =/

• Like 1

How are things going for you in Game and out?  Did you find a super niche that is doing you good?  Or did you get into the Gamestop debacle in Real Life?  Or possibly invest in Dogecoin?  Myself I skipped Gamestop, it seemed too risky.  I did dabble in Doge and made a little money before it started goin back down.

In game, things are...well, frustrating. They are frustrating because there still seems to be open hostility for the marketer by people who genuinely have no idea what they are talking about. They are so clueless, they lack the ability to discern they lack the ability to even understand what they are talking about. 

My current stack is 230 Billion, at least, in liquid Inf, with well over 50 level 50's that are fully kitted out with what I would consider the better enhancements available. I still haven't opened a ton of winter packs - and until the stack in the AH goes down to less than 10M, I may not. And if it never does, that's fine too. 

In real life, I'm a dull person. I have 20% of my pay put into my IRA automatically. I learned a long time ago, it doesn't matter how much/little you make. Nobody wants to work for a paycheck and pay all the bills and have nothing left over. Pay yourself first. I deal with Vanguard, and I'm not speaking of the npc faction in CoH, lol. They charge me absolutely no fees other than some fraction of a tenth of a percent to manage the funds. It's dull, and may not bring me immediate wealth, but over time, the stack gets bigger. It's difficult to pay some bills trying to save so much, but over time, I've learned to go on what I call "cash diets", where you eliminate ALL impromptu spending. No vending, no convenience store stuff, no movies, no purchases from Amazon, no coffee/lunches/dinners bought, etc. 

But it is dull working from home, I get it. And I do miss literally the boss's daughters. Hard to believe an old fat guy like him produced such beautiful daughters. I'm met his wife and she's more troll than woman, so I'm thinking in the back of my head they're both adopted. But, I digress...but I think that was the point of this whole post. 

• Haha 1

RE: cowmanning.  In January I leaned into things a little, meaning that I made sure I didn't take a day off.  I have a small circuit of seven alts that I run through in the morning over coffee; if I had time I would revisit two or three of them in the evening.  Total time spent under an hour, and usually while I'm multitasking.  The basic premise is doing the difficult, difficult work of changing lead into gold and receiving a small fee for my efforts.  Really, I should get a medal for all I do for the community...  Anyway I tracked the profitability by sector and it's way up there.  I have a larger circuit as well that I run every few days that involves slower moving commodities and that spits out inf in larger chunks.  I do it because I find it soothing, making order out of chaos and taking my (rather large) cut.

Ooh, and I found 500 winter packs on an alt that were left over from the Winter Event before last.

RE:  real life investments.  My style is a mixture of value-based with a soupcon of behavioral economics.  This works very well with the sort of statistical arbitrage that we see in the AH, but in real life I stay far away from the things that get lots of attention in the news.  I'm on the side of the shorts in the Gamestop debacle fundamentally, but applaud the short squeezers for manipulating the flawed (bugged?) system of shorting.  That said, I'm not a first mover and I'm not going to buy anything that I can't break down into its component pieces and extract value.  That generally keeps me out of things like crypto and even gold, because fundamentally to me the current value is only what I am able to get someone else to pay for it, and I don't understand tulipmania.

RE: the pandemic.  I thank my lucky stars every day for this game and the people in it.  It certainly helps to soften the situation.

Who run Bartertown?