I out-evil'd myself.

GM Impervium

On 3/12/2021 at 4:27 PM, Andreah said:

I cornered the Luck Charm and also the Iron markets, each once.

The mere MENTION of Luck Charms on Live fills me with dread. Wow... were those things manipulated! One of the things I distinctly disliked about Live. 

Given that player numbers aren't as large as they were back on Live, I think the changes the GMs made to the market make a lot of sense and have worked really well. On the one hand, anyone who spends a few minutes reading the forum can make lots of inf very quickly, on the other, few prices are crazy high and supply is reasonable. That's much more balanced than I'd expect given the average number of players. Not that there aren't issues, but overall it seems to work pretty well. 

• Like 1

I've been doing some deflation lately. I got over 1Billion inf in a month, following the standard guide with enhancements. I just got back into the game for real a couple months ago. after not playing since like 2006, so I am not a seasoned vet.

That said, what maddens me, and creates a false distortion of the markets are stale buy and sell bids. this is probably particularly bad on Torchbearer, where I play, seeing as it is the original HC server.

What I've done is buy a crap ton of recipes, converted to rares and just started selling them for 1 inf. I haven't done it with popular ones, as I still need the money, but when you add up the recipe fee, the salvage fees (minimal), crafting cost, converter (2-4) fees, I end up burning inf as the sales usually come in at a loss (not always though; a fair number of enhancements have low bids around 300k-500k, which is basically break-even/tiny-gain territory. I usually don't continue selling those when I get there).

The harder part are the stale sell bids, as those can be ridiculous, and the market has actually been deflating since the initial nostalgia rush in 2019.

6 minutes ago, olhado said:

I've been doing some deflation lately. I got over 1Billion inf in a month, following the standard guide with enhancements. I just got back into the game for real a couple months ago. after not playing since like 2006, so I am not a seasoned vet.

That said, what maddens me, and creates a false distortion of the markets are stale buy and sell bids. this is probably particularly bad on Torchbearer, where I play, seeing as it is the original HC server.

What I've done is buy a crap ton of recipes, converted to rares and just started selling them for 1 inf. I haven't done it with popular ones, as I still need the money, but when you add up the recipe fee, the salvage fees (minimal), crafting cost, converter (2-4) fees, I end up burning inf as the sales usually come in at a loss (not always though; a fair number of enhancements have low bids around 300k-500k, which is basically break-even/tiny-gain territory. I usually don't continue selling those when I get there).

The harder part are the stale sell bids, as those can be ridiculous, and the market has actually been deflating since the initial nostalgia rush in 2019.

Ironically, I've been putting in bids on all level 20 rare IOs at 500k, converting them, and selling the quality ones for 2+mm.  I was trying to test out my theory that owning any rare IO at 500k could consistently earn you 100%+ profits.  I should cut my bids to 200k!

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

2 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Ironically, I've been putting in bids on all level 20 rare IOs at 500k, converting them, and selling the quality ones for 2+mm.  I was trying to test out my theory that owning any rare IO at 500k could consistently earn you 100%+ profits.  I should cut my bids to 200k!

You'll be sad, as I am not being completely systematic about this, so you may have to wait a while 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, olhado said:

this is probably particularly bad on Torchbearer, where I play, seeing as it is the original HC server.

We went through this a while back on the Discord, and the devs confirmed there is only one auction house which is shared by all the Homecoming servers. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Andreah said:

We went through this a while back on the Discord, and the devs confirmed there is only one auction house which is shared by all the Homecoming servers. 

Ah!  had thought that, but I saw a reference earlier in this thread that suggested they each had their own.