Map progress continually lost after bud crash

Placta

A couple weeks ago, one of my characters got hit by the Hami bud crash. Logging her back in, all her maps were completely covered (aside from a small spot near where she stood), so I zipped around to as many zones as I could think of, using Reveal.

Since then, I've noticed maps that were completely covered that I thought I'd Revealed, but chalked it up to slipping through the cracks. As of tonight, I'm sure that it's deleting all my map progress when I log another character in. (I would guess that if I log out more than a couple seconds, progress is also lost, but I'm not sure.)

None of my other characters is having this issue.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Map progress seems to be stored locally since i have different areas lit on different computers.  If your file got corrupted for that character in the crash, that could be why its getting reset.  Ill try and track it down.  Deleting it would reset it 1 more time but hopefully be the last time you would have to deal with it

Edit:  im not sure if the file path is the same for each launcher but with the tequila launcher if you go to CityOfHeroes > 'account name'  > maps

there will be a file for each characters map progress in there.  fire up the game and only log on that character and open some new map progress then exit.  Whatever one of those files has the date modified from your computers current date and time is the one for that character.  move it to a backup location or delete it then log back in.  your map will be reset again but fingers crossed it will be the last time.

Edited by TheZag
additional information

With the HC Launcher, mine are located in:

C:\Games\COX\Homecoming\accounts\ACCOUNT_NAME\maps  (modified for privacy)

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)