Naga legs

Here's a random idea.  What do folks think of naga/snake "tails" for monstrous legs?  We've already got the skeletons and the animations, what with all the Snakes and Knives NPCs.  I don't see a huge leap in tweaking them to work with PCs.  

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I've asked for this before.  Some people have said it wouldn't work well with stuff like Martial Arts kicks, but me, I think that would be awesome.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Unfortunately, Snakes/Talons of Vengeance use a whole different body rig to players that allows them to support the serpent 'legs'.

To make it accessible to players, they would have to add that body rig to those accessible to the player (male/female/huge) and try and rework a lot of animations to work with it.

It'll be a monumental amount of effort, but it's a concept I can get behind!

13 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I've asked for this before.  Some people have said it wouldn't work well with stuff like Martial Arts kicks, but me, I think that would be awesome.

Could you not just make the option lock for powersets where it would conflict? Would be a simple fix to the problem maybe... Kind of like when you have shield defense armor on some toons, certain primary sets would lock. Do it like that but at the tailor!

I want Snek bodyyyyyyy 🐍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ms Deadly said:

Could you not just make the option lock for powersets where it would conflict? Would be a simple fix to the problem maybe... Kind of like when you have shield defense armor on some toons, certain primary sets would lock. Do it like that but at the tailor!

I want Snek bodyyyyyyy 🐍

Sure you could, except I really want to be able to whip my tail around and snap it at someone with the Martial Arts set, which I'm sure is one of the sets they will lock out.  But if @Tyrannical is right about that body rigging, it's probably a moot point anyway.

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've got a little bit of experience with skeletal rigging and animations.  All the rigs are already there, it's just a matter of adapting them to players.  And coming up with some alternate animations.  Locking out powersets is never a good idea, but it does get done on occasion.

The issue here is the time it'll take to adapt the rigs.  That's manhours, and unpaid work on top of that.  I can see the dev team not wanting to make the effort.  But I do really like the idea! 😃

• Like 1