Game Contacts Display level range

The title pretty much says it, but outside of Ouroborus it would be nice if the contact would display the level range so you don't accidentally outlevel something. I know once you are in an arc it lets you complete it, but this would be helpful.  I started a new character and I've stopped XP at level 5 to try and run through every possible content, and some of them don't show the book so i'm afraid to level up (which would be nice to have another power at 6).  

Side note - There is an insane amount of contacts in Atlas,  maybe that was increased once galaxy city was no more, but it's way more missions than the leveling pace of a character. Especially because there are a lot of defeat alls from the original origin contacts. 

• Like 3

An idea that has been discussed before is to make contact missions auto exemp you to their highest level if you are beyond it. Then you could get missions from any contact just by talking to them regardless of how overlevelled you are. It would open up a huge amount of content in a more team friendly way than ouroboros, but no idea how technically feasible it would be.

If you are looking to run through all the content as it currently stands you need to turn off xp at level 4, 9, 14, 19, etc. I've tried this a few times but haven't been able to stick with one character long enough!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, parabola said:

An idea that has been discussed before is to make contact missions auto exemp you to their highest level if you are beyond it. Then you could get missions from any contact just by talking to them regardless of how overlevelled you are. It would open up a huge amount of content in a more team friendly way than ouroboros, but no idea how technically feasible it would be.

If you are looking to run through all the content as it currently stands you need to turn off xp at level 4, 9, 14, 19, etc. I've tried this a few times but haven't been able to stick with one character long enough!

Yeah that is a great idea, but who knows about the mechanics.  ouro obviously uses the task force system for whatever coding reason.  Thank you for the level info, i think i was nerfing myself a holding at 5, but i did manage to run the level 4 original contacts at 5.  I grabbed them al before actually leveling, not sure  if that mattered or not.  I'm going to try to stick it out, but man it isn't easy 🙂

... and here I'm picturing the contacts in the city holding up number cards showing the level ranges as you approach.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 hours ago, Greycat said:

... and here I'm picturing the contacts in the city holding up number cards showing the level ranges as you approach.

Contact window, just put the range in. It’s actually pretty messy. One contact in atlas giving out level 10-11 missions and some in KR giving out lvl 8. 

18 hours ago, parabola said:

Oh yes please, I hate Oro because it is a TF and you can't invite friends later on to join you and have fun with you, Oro is very anti-social TF system.

Sue