Assault Rifle ... Couple of Questions.

Herotu

Question #1

Is the change to Full Auto in Beta, which says the cast time will be shorter... does it mean the animation will be shorter?

Question #2

This is more of an aesthetic/mechanics question.

Why does Assault Rile Powerset have only 3 Rifle powers? There are 4 powers that fire a grenade and 2 powers that fire a flamethower. I realise there's only so much you can do with a gun, but surely there could have been more than just three (and if 4 animations can be recycled for grenades, can't others be replicated for more shooting?)?

Perhaps there could be a new powerset that utilises that more varied set of munitions, and we could have AR be actually about the AR? 

I have my tinfoil hat, you can't hurt me! Have at you, internet!

The powers in the existing set should stay.  That said, if they want to rename Assault Rifle to RubeGoldbergRifle, keeping all the existing powers, and then create a new set called Assault Rifle that focuses more on what you could do with a single rifle that doesn't include a grenade launcher or flamethrower... okay sure. 

Honestly though, I think a set that has nothing but a varying degrees of short controlled bursts or emptying the clip and.... what? A Rifle Butt attack?  Maybe a Bayonet?  I'm thinking it would get boring fast. The existing AR allows for a couple different damage types, a decent mix of single target and AE, with some soft control in the Knockback or the Fear effect in Ignite. Maybe I'm not being imaginative enough. I just don't see getting 9 powers out of a plain rifle though. 

Maybe should be called Assault Weapons to cover the breadth of what you can do. I have an AR/TA toon with all the KBs proc’ed to KD. Pretty decent solo, great on teams, due to the soft controls. Damage is fair, but I don’t worry about it much. I figure I’m there to lay down glue, oil slick, Flash, etc. just straight up laying down bullets would make him less useful. I figure if I want to do that, I’ll just run Dual Pistols.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.